5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Rough Country 2" leveling kit for air ride

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
@NewRam92 to each there own. i made my own, they are full stainless with the plastic ends, total cost me 20 bucks for the whole truck versus i think $250 for the Revel links. good luck sir.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is involved in installing just front 1.5" links on a Limited?
Can an average 'do it yourselfer' do this at home?

NewRam92

Reaction score
@NewRam92 to each there own. i made my own, they are full stainless with the plastic ends, total cost me 20 bucks for the whole truck versus i think $250 for the Revel links. good luck sir.
Fronts are $50 for AirLinks. $30 isn’t worth my time to make myself. Again appreciate the advice but that’s why I asked about quality difference between AirLinks and Revel Links.

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
What is involved in installing just front 1.5" links on a Limited?
Can an average 'do it yourselfer' do this at home?
measure fender to ground on level ground, put the truck in tire jack mode, pop off old links, pop on new ones, take off tire jack mode, measure your fender to ground, and your good. if you want more/less you will need to go back to tire jack mode, pop the links off, adjust and reinstall.

Mantle107

Reaction score
Anybody have issues with the RC for air ride not lowering after raising to OR1. They raise up smooth but when I go to lower it says there is a payload error. Only way to get back to the new normal is to drive over 40mph so it will automatically lower.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anybody have issues with the RC for air ride not lowering after raising to OR1. They raise up smooth but when I go to lower it says there is a payload error. Only way to get back to the new normal is to drive over 40mph so it will automatically lower.
You can get it to lower from the key fob if you are in park.

Mantle107

Reaction score
You can get it to lower from the key fob if you are in park.
Great workaround. Thank you. Will try this out today. I use it a lot when towing and have to hook up or disconnect in new spots that may not be perfectly level.

cast1124

Reaction score
I just got the 2 inch RC brackets installed today and I'm not sure how to feel about them. The truck was returned to me in "normal" mode and I tried to raise it after I got home and it gave me "Service Airbag System" message in the gauge. I could feel the front bags trying to raise while stalling so I dropped it back down to Normal mode. I have not gotten a payload error (yet) but I don't see the point in having brackets that interfere with the suspension settings. I use all the settings often because I'm running 305s and 22x12 wide wheels but it seems like leveling links are a better option, which I may end up swapping out.

Klicht87

Reaction score
I just got the 2 inch RC brackets installed today and I'm not sure how to feel about them. The truck was returned to me in "normal" mode and I tried to raise it after I got home and it gave me "Service Airbag System" message in the gauge. I could feel the front bags trying to raise while stalling so I dropped it back down to Normal mode. I have not gotten a payload error (yet) but I don't see the point in having brackets that interfere with the suspension settings. I use all the settings often because I'm running 305s and 22x12 wide wheels but it seems like leveling links are a better option, which I may end up swapping out.
Doesn't the instructions or website says that it makes OR1 and OR2 inoperable? That's why I didn't buy them.

cast1124

Reaction score
Doesn't the instructions or website says that it makes OR1 and OR2 inoperable? That's why I didn't buy them.
Shop put them on for free after buying wheels and tires and they never said anything about it. Had I known I would have passed on it

hangovna

Reaction score
This is basically what the Jeep grand cherokee guys have been doing since 2011, replace the ride height sensor link with a fully adjustable threaded rod with ball ends to dial in the exact ride height you want on all 4 corners. Parts are generally less than $80 to make them yourself (for all 4).

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is basically what the Jeep grand cherokee guys have been doing since 2011, replace the ride height sensor link with a fully adjustable threaded rod with ball ends to dial in the exact ride height you want on all 4 corners. Parts are generally less than $80 to make them yourself (for all 4).
I have this setup on mine on all 4 corners and have the truck dialed in exactly how I like it to sit. (@1-1/2" of rake)
But the air suspension has upper and lower tolerances before self-adjusting.
I see variations in ride height on the front and rear up to 3/4"(from highest to lowest) when parked in my garage in the same spot day after day.
Usually it sits right about where I want it though.

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
I just put on the airlinks, and did not install the daystar spacer. Like Huskymush mentioned, the daystar spacers give your airbags less height and will improve the ride. For me, with the spacers set at 1.5", I didn't notice much change in the ride. I may eventually put on the daystar spacers, but I'm happy with just the airlinks for now.

Here are some pictures after I got the tires installed.

View attachment 66366

What tires are these? They look good on the 22" wheels.
Disregard, I see in earlier comments that you went with 285/55/22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers...Thanks!

Last edited:

elboyhs

Reaction score
I just put on the airlinks, and did not install the daystar spacer. Like Huskymush mentioned, the daystar spacers give your airbags less height and will improve the ride. For me, with the spacers set at 1.5", I didn't notice much change in the ride. I may eventually put on the daystar spacers, but I'm happy with just the airlinks for now.

Here are some pictures after I got the tires installed.

View attachment 66366
View attachment 66367
View attachment 66368
bwsall. beautifull setup.
Would you be able to share what size tire you are using here please.
thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread