5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW RECALL (AUTO HIGH BEAMS)

2020blckout

Reaction score
I JUST HAVE THE MANAGER OF MY CLOSEST DEALERSHIP TO GIVE ME CALL
SAYING THAT I NEED TO TAKE MY 2020 LIMITED BECAUSE THERES A NEW RECALL ABOUT THE AUTO HEADLIGHTS
HE ALSO TOLD ME THAT IS POSIBLE (MAYBE) TO INSTALL THE NEW UCONNECT 5 !!!!
IM KEEPING YOU GUYS POSTED IM ABOUT TO LEAVE THE TRUCK !! Crossed fingers WE CAN HAVE AIRPLAY!!!!!!

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
SAYING THAT I NEED TO TAKE MY 2020 LIMITED BECAUSE THERES A NEW RECALL ABOUT THE AUTO HEADLIGHTS
IM KEEPING YOU GUYS POSTED IM ABOUT TO LEAVE THE TRUCK !! Crossed fingers WE CAN HAVE AIRPLAY!!!!!!
Please do on both, thanks!

shanora

Reaction score
Interesting. I'm still waiting on word from Chrysler Canada about what they plan to do with my 2019.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hey, 2020blckout. Keep us updated on this. We are happy to provide additional assistance if needed. We're just a private message away.

Kate
RamCares

azzx

Reaction score
Per FCA UConnect 5 is not going to be released until later in 2020
so I am curious about the dealers claim to install it.

jeffauclair

Reaction score
It also said that won't be available for update, only on new hardware
FCA hasn’t announced which cars will be getting Uconnect 5, although the new hardware system means that the new features likely won’t be available on older models as a software update. FCA plans to roll it out on new vehicles later this year.

Maineram

Reaction score
I just had the recall patch applied. Prior to that, although I had auto high beams enabled there was no message that it was enabled when I moved the stalk forward and of course the lights did not auto dim to low beam.

after the recall patch was applied the message still did not appear that it was enabled. It only appears when the headlights are on auto AND the sensor is calling for headlamp illumination. Then when headlights are on auto and ON, I would get the signal. As ambient light turned my headlamps off the message does not appear when stalk is moved forward.

short story, test the fix at night. You can’t tell in the parking lot of the dealer.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I really hate it when dealerships start or propagate rumors like this (uconnect 5). I heard the same kinds of rumors from my salesman when I bought my 2017 Rebel, about a firmware update coming soon to have apple car play and android auto for my truck. When in fact it was never announced as something that was ever going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread