5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New real carbon fiber interior pieces available for 5th gen on eBay.

PCB

Reaction score
I wanted to make a post to let everyone know if you check for carbon fiber or real carbon fiber pieces for our trucks on eBay they have a lot of new pieces to give our interior a more premium look. I don’t like the fact that our trucks are as expensive as they are and Ram leaves so much plain plastic all over the place unless you have a limited. If you have a rebel you are going to love the possibilities you have since many of the pieces come in real red and black carbon fiber. I have purchased pieces from several sellers and have several more on the way. If they have good feedback and the listing says real soft carbon fiber they have been legit and match my B&I dash kit perfectly. The only one that hasn’t fit properly was the pieces across the glove box and dash that is the main area I wanted to be a feature of course. I might have just gotten a bad mold on that one and the seller is sending a replacement. The smaller pieces were not close to the correct size and the glove box is close. Here are a couple pics of the pieces I have installed and I will post the rest when they arrive. 6B89D7DF-384C-4750-87DB-19457CBF719A.jpeg 9793339C-73B1-4AE9-8969-5A03703AC124.jpeg
Here are some links to help get everyone started. Once you find a few of the pieces you will be able to find more listings for the same pieces and others from different sellers.

For Dodge Ram 1500 2018-22 Carbon Fiber Central Air Vent Outlet Strips Cover Kit | eBay

There are more pieces available so a bit of searching will give you a ton of new customizing options. Enjoy!

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
I wanted to make a post to let everyone know if you check for carbon fiber or real carbon fiber pieces for our trucks on eBay they have a lot of new pieces to give our interior a more premium look. I don’t like the fact that our trucks are as expensive as they are and Ram leaves so much plain plastic all over the place unless you have a limited. If you have a rebel you are going to love the possibilities you have since many of the pieces come in real red and black carbon fiber. I have purchased pieces from several sellers and have several more on the way. If they have good feedback and the listing says real soft carbon fiber they have been legit and match my B&I dash kit perfectly. The only one that hasn’t fit properly was the pieces across the glove box and dash that is the main area I wanted to be a feature of course. I might have just gotten a bad mold on that one and the seller is sending a replacement. The smaller pieces were not close to the correct size and the glove box is close. Here are a couple pics of the pieces I have installed and I will post the rest when they arrive. View attachment 128269 View attachment 128270
Here are some links to help get everyone started. Once you find a few of the pieces you will be able to find more listings for the same pieces and others from different sellers.

For Dodge Ram 1500 2018-22 Carbon Fiber Central Air Vent Outlet Strips Cover Kit | eBay

There are more pieces available so a bit of searching will give you a ton of new customizing options. Enjoy!
Thank you. While some will like and some won't, either way you put a lot of time to help by putting these specific parts/links, so thanks!

Florida RAM

Reaction score
Not a fan of the CF look. Would be interested in something wood grained and subtle...

sep1006

Reaction score
That looks like someone went to Pep Boys and bought every piece of stick-on interior trim available. Carbon fiber overload...

Agree, looks gawdy at best !!!!!

I think Ram did a great job ( at lest with the Rebel ) on the console, dash and interior overall. Just enough colored accenting / carbon fiber to make it look SHARP.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That looks like someone went to Pep Boys and bought every piece of stick-on interior trim available. Carbon fiber overload...
Some Carbon pieces can look good but yeah, it looks like someone puked Carbon Fiber in that truck. I don't understand why people put red pieces of plastic and tape it on the inside of your truck.

Adrian2004

Reaction score
I wanted to make a post to let everyone know if you check for carbon fiber or real carbon fiber pieces for our trucks on eBay they have a lot of new pieces to give our interior a more premium look. I don’t like the fact that our trucks are as expensive as they are and Ram leaves so much plain plastic all over the place unless you have a limited. If you have a rebel you are going to love the possibilities you have since many of the pieces come in real red and black carbon fiber. I have purchased pieces from several sellers and have several more on the way. If they have good feedback and the listing says real soft carbon fiber they have been legit and match my B&I dash kit perfectly. The only one that hasn’t fit properly was the pieces across the glove box and dash that is the main area I wanted to be a feature of course. I might have just gotten a bad mold on that one and the seller is sending a replacement. The smaller pieces were not close to the correct size and the glove box is close. Here are a couple pics of the pieces I have installed and I will post the rest when they arrive. View attachment 128269 View attachment 128270

Did you ever finish the install of all the trim? Also did the big dash piece come with the bottom part or is that a separate piece

Attachments

• 6B89D7DF-384C-4750-87DB-19457CBF719A~2.jpeg
    6B89D7DF-384C-4750-87DB-19457CBF719A~2.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 77

kzielu

Reaction score
First link says "made of premium ABS". Hopefully OP doesn't think this actually is "real carbon", especially if it's a sticker.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I don’t think these are actually real carbon fiber…
In my opinion real carbon fiber looks sweeeeettt, but the printed carbon fiber plastic has never blown me away :/ I don’t think it looks bad when done in moderation, but it looks nothing like real carbon fiber in person

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
In my opinion real carbon fiber looks sweeeeettt, but the printed carbon fiber plastic has never blown me away :/ I don’t think it looks bad when done in moderation, but it looks nothing like real carbon fiber in person
It's not carbon fiber...... it's plastic.

Adrian2004

Reaction score
I don't think even the carbon fiber in the trx is real. I put my order in for a carbon fiber steering wheel so I want to add a lil bit more I'm thinking the cup holder bezel and maybe those center console pieces

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I don't think even the carbon fiber in the trx is real. I put my order in for a carbon fiber steering wheel so I want to add a lil bit more I'm thinking the cup holder bezel and maybe those center console pieces
Im not sure if it is or not I’ve never seen it in person. I’m all for real carbon fiber but the fake stuff just never looks the same. Doesn’t always look bad, just never as good as real carbon fiber

kzielu

Reaction score
My opinion - composite parts make sense where reduced weight and strength justifies the cost. For some reason the pattern became a decoration that people like because historically it was such an exclusive material - it's fine to decorate if someone likes it but neither it is real carbon fiber composite, nor it makes functional sense.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
what makes you think/beleive the factory option carbon fiber in the trx is not real ? they charge more then 1k$ for that option, sure hope its not fake lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread