5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram!

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
I picked up a 2019 Limited 4x4 5’7 last night. This forum has been a fun read as I was truck shopping.

I am incredibly impressed with the new Ram. I have owned a lot of vehicles—mostly fun-to-drive or practical imports (‘15 BMW 528, ‘12 BMW 335, ‘10 Toyota Tundra, ‘08 Acura MDX, ‘05 Volvo V70r, ‘87 Porsche 911, ‘85 Toyota Landcruiser, ‘95 Toyota pickup), so this is my first domestic and first real truck (sorry Toyota!).

My wife has the horse bug, so we wanted something that could tow the horses on the weekend and be my daily driver. I shopped all the truck brands and was ready to buy F150, until I drove the new Ram. This truck blows the others out of the water!

I bought Silver, 3.92 axle, 33 gallon tank, pano moonroof, 20” wheels. Not quite what I would have ordered, but darn close and dealer had it on the lot and the price was right! ($10,410 below sticker including rebates).

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the site and to Ram trucks. Glad to have you here and to hear your thoughts on Ram blowing away the competition
263a.png
1f44d.png

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
HighDesertRam said:
I picked up a 2019 Limited 4x4 5’7 last night. This forum has been a fun read as I was truck shopping.

I am incredibly impressed with the new Ram. I have owned a lot of vehicles—mostly fun-to-drive or practical imports (‘15 BMW 528, ‘12 BMW 335, ‘10 Toyota Tundra, ‘08 Acura MDX, ‘05 Volvo V70r, ‘87 Porsche 911, ‘85 Toyota Landcruiser, ‘95 Toyota pickup), so this is my first domestic and first real truck (sorry Toyota!).

My wife has the horse bug, so we wanted something that could tow the horses on the weekend and be my daily driver. I shopped all the truck brands and was ready to buy F150, until I drove the new Ram. This truck blows the others out of the water!

I bought Silver, 3.92 axle, 33 gallon tank, pano moonroof, 20” wheels. Not quite what I would have ordered, but darn close and dealer had it on the lot and the price was right! ($10,410 below sticker including rebates).
Congrats for sure. Where are the pics? I have talked to three dealers out here and i have told them about the deals everyone is posting and they are saying BS. 2019s are flying off the lots, why would they deal? and in this case a discount below EP.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad to hear your thoughts on the new Ram and it sounds like you get an excellent deal. Hope the truck treats you well.

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
. (see attachment)

Attachments

• IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0080.JPG
    IMG_0080.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 31

CaliTex

Reaction score
SoCal Truck said:
ICongrats for sure. Where are the pics? I have talked to three dealers out here and i have told them about the deals everyone is posting and they are saying BS. 2019s are flying off the lots, why would they deal? and in this case a discount below EP.
Congrats! It’s beautiful. I am curious, too, which dealer? I’m buying out of state.

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
I bought at Smolich Ram in Bend, Oregon. I had a quote from Dennis Dillon for a build, and they got close enough to the Dillon price that it didn't make sense to hassle with traveling to Boise. It was quite a negotiation and they weren't happy with me, but they wanted a sale. Because I had been intending to order, I wasn't in a rush and was prepared to walk. The power of NO really does help in price negotiations.

Twoamen

Reaction score
I filled that 33 gal gas tank yesterday. It's more accurate than the 2014 I traded. You pulling horses that tank will help. What's neat is when you fill it up you don't have to worry about a lot of change for your pocket after paying with a $100.00 bill

CaliTex

Reaction score
HighDesertRam said:
I bought at Smolich Ram in Bend, Oregon. I had a quote from Dennis Dillon for a build, and they got close enough to the Dillon price that it didn't make sense to hassle with traveling to Boise. It was quite a negotiation and they weren't happy with me, but they wanted a sale. Because I had been intending to order, I wasn't in a rush and was prepared to walk. The power of NO really does help in price negotiations.
Ah,that makes sense. I’ll be making the trip to Boise, but it will be an adventure with my son. Congrats again on the new truck.

fish mojo

Reaction score
HighDesertRam said:
I bought a new Jeep Cherokee from Smolich last year. I thought they were a fair dealer. Congrats on the new Ram!!

RAM 4times

Reaction score
HighDesertRam said:
. (see attachment)
congrats on your truck. myself along with others on this forum are looking forward to joining you when our trucks start coming in! my limited is ivory tri-coat. your billet silver is a great color also. after seeing one in this color at a car show made me think before going with the ivory.

Users who are viewing this thread