5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram Owner - Pearland, Texas

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up my 2019 Laramie Longhorn last week and am loving it. I came from a lifted 2012 Toyota Tundra. I don't have any plans for mods to my new truck but I'm sure the bug/the forums will get me.

Welcome! Post some pics and put the details of your truck in your signature if you would so we can all see what you got!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome! Post some pics and put the details of your truck in your signature if you would so we can all see what you got!
What he said. Thanks for joining up. There are alot of trucks here already modded, and the 5th Gen looks great lifted.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I picked up my 2019 Laramie Longhorn last week and am loving it. I came from a lifted 2012 Toyota Tundra. I don't have any plans for mods to my new truck but I'm sure the bug/the forums will get me.
Love those Longhorns. Congratulations on the new truck.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck! Where's the pics?!?!?! lol. Also a Tundra owner, sold my truck last week and I'm waiting on a dealer locate for a Laramie. How was your Tundra? Loved mine, but honestly, it got a little costly at the end....

Ktxixgsr

Reaction score
Did you buy it from southfork dodge ? I'm awaiting pricing on a build from them. I'm 3 hours away but their lifetime powertrain warranty caught my eye.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome @chance21 I am sorely tempted by the Longhorns... can’t wait to see some pics, include that sweet interior!

Ktxixgsr

Reaction score
Yes I did. Southfork has great service and are very easy to work with.
Nice , I'll hear from them tomorrow on what they are gonna quote me on a build. Did you buy one on the lot or have one built?

chance21

Reaction score
Nice , I'll hear from them tomorrow on what they are gonna quote me on a build. Did you buy one on the lot or have one built?

I bought one they had on the lot.

My sales rep was a guy named David Alcantar. He's a sales guys, no real power to deal. If you need a point of contact I'd go with Marco Compean (New Car Sales Manager) [email protected] 713-955-5421. The finance guys don't have anything to do with the deal but Jordan Fournet (Finance Manager) is a straight forward honest guy. I was impressed by the professionalism of the guys mentioned above and had a great experience.

There was a plastic decorative trim piece missing on the drivers side rear door when I picked up my vehicle. David had the parts department order the part immediately and it came in about a week later.

I have a sticking drivers door lock knob thing, and the infamous brake squeal, so we'll see how the service department reacts.

I live a few miles from the dealership so it was easy to drop by on a Sunday, when they're closed, to look around with out any sales people in the way. I wasn't looking for a Longhorn, but when I saw the black/cattle tan interior I was motivated.

I miss my Toyota. It honestly felt more like a "truck". This Ram is so quiet and smooth (and low to the ground) I feel like it's luxury car with a truck bed. The Ram will get a lift eventually but for now I'm just enjoying the ride.

Ktxixgsr

Reaction score
I bought one they had on the lot.

My sales rep was a guy named David Alcantar. He's a sales guys, no real power to deal. If you need a point of contact I'd go with Marco Compean (New Car Sales Manager) [email protected] 713-955-5421. The finance guys don't have anything to do with the deal but Jordan Fournet (Finance Manager) is a straight forward honest guy. I was impressed by the professionalism of the guys mentioned above and had a great experience.

There was a plastic decorative trim piece missing on the drivers side rear door when I picked up my vehicle. David had the parts department order the part immediately and it came in about a week later.

I have a sticking drivers door lock knob thing, and the infamous brake squeal, so we'll see how the service department reacts.

I live a few miles from the dealership so it was easy to drop by on a Sunday, when they're closed, to look around with out any sales people in the way. I wasn't looking for a Longhorn, but when I saw the black/cattle tan interior I was motivated.

I miss my Toyota. It honestly felt more like a "truck". This Ram is so quiet and smooth (and low to the ground) I feel like it's luxury car with a truck bed. The Ram will get a lift eventually but for now I'm just enjoying the ride.

Thanks for the recommendations on people to deal with. When I get to that point I'll be sure to ask for them. I'm currently dealing with an internet sales manager named Patrick. He has been doing very well with communicating with me long distance so far. Hopefully I get a deal I'm happy with on a build so we can move forward. Also hopefully the little issues you are experiencing now will be addressed at plant level if I decide to build.

chance21

Reaction score
I started my process with Patrick as I did my initial inquiry via the internet. Patrick gave me an appointment time and when I got to the dealership David was waiting.

If you do move forward with Southfork and you need me to go do something for you there I can. Like I said, they're really close to home and convenient to me.

Ktxixgsr

Reaction score
I started my process with Patrick as I did my initial inquiry via the internet. Patrick gave me an appointment time and when I got to the dealership David was waiting.

If you do move forward with Southfork and you need me to go do something for you there I can. Like I said, they're really close to home and convenient to me.

Sounds good. Thanks for the offer I really appreciate it and if I do I will definitely PM you.

Users who are viewing this thread