5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW Ram owner in NC

TLOC

Reaction score
Hey,
So I've been wanting a GMC Denali for about 3 yrs and finally found one at the right time that had the Ultimate Package and 7200 miles but I had (2) trades and they weren't talking right. Just when I was about to live with my beloved '10 Nissan Frontier SE crew cab 4WD forever I found a 2019 RAM 1500 crew cab, short box, 4WD, HEMI Laramie 5000 miles, with everything but the sunroof! Don't like the tow mirrors or that there is ABSOLUTELY NO underbody skid/ protection plates! Other than that it's a BEAST!!!...Tony in NC
1577936868762.png

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome Tony. Congratulations on purchasing a Ram Laramie Sport. The skid plates can be added. The mirrors can be changed out but not as easily or inexpensively.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome,

Since you got that particular config, I wouldn’t think you’d be “wheeling” a lot. The tow mirrors would get whacked by tree limbs and such. Maybe I’m wrong but the lack of skid plates is not any real concern if you stay on pavement or gravel/dirt roads.
Anyway hopefully you got it for a good used price, likely cheaper than the Denali especially with GM’s other issues with that platform.

TLOC

Reaction score
Welcome Tony. Congratulations on purchasing a Ram Laramie Sport. The skid plates can be added. The mirrors can be changed out but not as easily or inexpensively.
Thank you sir! Hey Jim, I would be interested on power folding mirror install, please let me know and thanks again...Tony in K-ville

TLOC

Reaction score
Welcome,

Since you got that particular config, I wouldn’t think you’d be “wheeling” a lot. The tow mirrors would get whacked by tree limbs and such. Maybe I’m wrong but the lack of skid plates is not any real concern if you stay on pavement or gravel/dirt roads.
Anyway hopefully you got it for a good used price, likely cheaper than the Denali especially with GM’s other issues with that platform.
Thanks for the reply, window sticker says it's a Laramie black CC 4x4, w/ black appearance package, does that mean "Sport"? Thanks...T

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/