5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram owner checking in

BighornRAM

Reaction score
Hello everyone, a couple days ago I bought my first Ram. Its a 2019 big horn in Maximum Steel Metallic. It has the hemi and the 3.92 rear axle ratio. Its a certified Ram, so having that extra warranty is nice! I'm in love with this truck and all the hype I have heard about them wasnt lying. It drives great and has all kinds of room and plenty of power.

Only thing it is missing that I would like is a good set of running boards. I found a set that I really like from N-Fab. Below is the link for them. Are they a good brand and worth the price? Im not sure what is a good price, what is cheap, or anything.

I come from Subaru and currently have a 2012 STi that is fully built and making over 700whp. This truck is going to be my daily as well as my occasional toy hauler once I get a car trailer.

Thanks for any help about the running boards and happy to be here!

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations . For the running boards it really depends on what you’re looking for . I’m happy with the MOPAR off road style .

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone, a couple days ago I bought my first Ram. Its a 2019 big horn in Maximum Steel Metallic. It has the hemi and the 3.92 rear axle ratio. Its a certified Ram, so having that extra warranty is nice! I'm in love with this truck and all the hype I have heard about them wasnt lying. It drives great and has all kinds of room and plenty of power.

Only thing it is missing that I would like is a good set of running boards. I found a set that I really like from N-Fab. Below is the link for them. Are they a good brand and worth the price? Im not sure what is a good price, what is cheap, or anything.

I come from Subaru and currently have a 2012 STi that is fully built and making over 700whp. This truck is going to be my daily as well as my occasional toy hauler once I get a car trailer.

Thanks for any help about the running boards and happy to be here!
Welcome!! I’ve got a little story for you on those running boards.

I bought those same exact running boards from that website about a year ago and had some serious trouble! The boards had a manufacturing defect and running board warehouse was giving me the run around regarding returning and refunding, I had to get PayPal involved before they finally sent me a return label and refund. The boards looked nice but the brackets were welded on crooked and about 1/2 an inch from where the needed to be!
A few good places to look for boards are Americantrucks.com , RealTruck.com and one of our forum vendors, Acessory Parts!

NRitland2

Reaction score
‘12 STIs are beasts…. Had a ‘98 Eclipse awd turbo.. was pulling 500+.. my old idiot days

welcome!

fire23south

Reaction score
I bought the 5 inch ionic curved nerf bars from realtruck.com and love them. Very simple install. They seemed to have a lot of different options.

Attachments

• PXL_20220324_193701946.jpg
    PXL_20220324_193701946.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread