5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram on Order! (Thanks MD)

Solracer

Reaction score
Not at MD, try about another 7-8. My quote 2 mos ago for a limited was 63.5k... Limited L1, 4x4, pretty loaded. There's more margin and greater savings in the higher trims I believe.
Yeah but what was your sticker? Mine was 79k

Louhound88

Reaction score
Where are you guys seeing MSRP at to compare to sales price? When you say your build was $79k where do these numbers come from? There are fully loaded limited on the lots listed for $65k. Not including discounts. Is this MSRP from when you build it out? I'm building things out on the Ram site and don't see it get that high either.

I know prices have gone up some since last January but I don't think i realized just how much.

jwortsman

Reaction score
Yeah but what was your sticker? Mine was 79k
Went back to check (I ended up ordering a Longhorn) and Limited MSRP $72,120, MD Price $62,769 before incentives. All trims I priced (LTD, Longhorn, Laramie) were between 12-13% off MSRP

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where are you guys seeing MSRP at to compare to sales price? When you say your build was $79k where do these numbers come from? There are fully loaded limited on the lots listed for $65k. Not including discounts. Is this MSRP from when you build it out? I'm building things out on the Ram site and don't see it get that high either.

I know prices have gone up some since last January but I don't think i realized just how much.

You can build them up to over $80,000 msrp easily (I just did on the build/price on rams website and it came to $83,425).

46463.png

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

MSRP for my build was on my window sticker. The ramtrucks.com build site lists MSRP when you build it out with whatever options you select. The term "fully loaded" is thrown out a lot. But it really doesn't mean anything specific. You can't get every option available on a single truck. Some options are incompatible with other options. For instance, you can't get the ORG and Night Edition options together on a Limited. The price you say you're seeing fully loaded Limited's listed for isn't realistic if you're talking about MSRP. If you're talking about the actual price or sale price, then that's another story. It used to be that nobody paid MSRP on a truck. Times have changed, and now people are paying that and higher.

Solracer

Reaction score

This is my build on their website - https://www.ramtrucks.com/bmo.ram_1...L,A69,ASH,ANT,NFF,GWJ,MWK,XB9,XHC,CS7,UBQ,27M

Attached is my sheet from MD. Something to note, its $500 higher on MSRP. When I asked about this, I was told that the RAM website isn't always right.

Attachments

• ramconfig.jpg
    ramconfig.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 28

Louhound88

Reaction score
Ah ok, I understand the MSRP source now. Looking at my window sticker it's listing $55,295 and I want to say I was around $46k total out the door. I bought it last January right when trucks were getting scarce. I didn't actually buy from mark dodge because they were slightly more expensive, and at the time mostly had hurricane damaged trucks. Also didn't have any 4x4 trucks on the lot.

If I try to recreate my build on the ram site the closest I can get comes out to $58k, so not too far off.

jwortsman

Reaction score
This is my build on their website - https://www.ramtrucks.com/bmo.ram_1...L,A69,ASH,ANT,NFF,GWJ,MWK,XB9,XHC,CS7,UBQ,27M

Attached is my sheet from MD. Something to note, its $500 higher on MSRP. When I asked about this, I was told that the RAM website isn't always right.
That's correct, the Ram site is notoriously behind on updating for their price increases. I believe any incentives are also included in the MSRP it spits out whereas anything you get from a dealer for MSRP will not include incentives.

U

User_3336

Don't understand how dealers are still asking for $$$ above MSRP (so called "market adjustment").

Dealer here in Middle TN is offering $6,000 dealer discount off a 2022 Ram 1500 right off the bat. And there was a 3,000 manufacturer rebate.

Also, there are more RAMS on the lots than Chevy's, GM's, Fords, or Titans. Why is it that RAM is pumping out trucks, yet other manufacturer's are shutting down plants and crying "chip shortage". Does FCA have a secret stash of chips others don't?

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't understand how dealers are still asking for $$$ above MSRP (so called "market adjustment").

Dealer here in Middle TN is offering $6,000 dealer discount off a 2022 Ram 1500 right off the bat. And there was a 3,000 manufacturer rebate.

Also, there are more RAMS on the lots than Chevy's, GM's, Fords, or Titans. Why is it that RAM is pumping out trucks, yet other manufacturer's are shutting down plants and crying "chip shortage". Does FCA have a secret stash of chips others don't?
dealers are asking above MSRP because people are still paying and people still want new cars. Down here in south Florida, some dealers are selling used 21 ram 1500's for the more money than I paid for mine brand new 8 months ago. As long as people are still paying, dealers are still charging MSRP and above

mophead

Reaction score
That's correct, the Ram site is notoriously behind on updating for their price increases. I believe any incentives are also included in the MSRP it spits out whereas anything you get from a dealer for MSRP will not include incentives.
YES keep in mind the NET Price numbers include incentives and is NOT the total MSRP price. MSRP for build is $57,910 including destination. Note the duplicates and lease loyalty. Mfg. playing with numbers just like the dealerships now. :rolleyes:

1649570391111.png

Last edited:

mophead

Reaction score
My build was $1000 less last night.
Yes they upped each National Retail Consumer Cash by $500. Again notice that's there twice, AND they are deducting* ALL of these from the total. * not everyone will qualify for all incentives. I have not called Ram incentives, but I'll bet a paycheck you can't get both. Pleasantly surprised if we do. If anyone checks let us know. BTW this is Mid Atlantic incentives.

Last edited:

MO Rebel

Reaction score
Yes they upped each National Retail Consumer Cash by $500. Again notice that's there twice, AND they are deducting* ALL of these from the total. * not everyone will qualify for all incentives. I have not called Ram incentives, but I'll bet a paycheck you can't get both. Pleasantly surprised if we do. If anyone checks let us know. BTW this is Mid Atlantic incentives.

Only change in my region is they added the $1,000 lease loyalty rebate. All others didn’t change.

CharlieD

Reaction score
So I've got an awesome build quote from Kippie at MD, but the wait time is just not going to work. Need a truck in the next 2 months. There are a lot of smart cookies on this thread, so I ask you this: Is it wise to lease something for 2 or 3 years and then order exactly what I want when the supply chain issues work themselves out? I'm in the home building business, so I completely get the long build times and supply chain nightmare. :cool: Thanks in advance.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I've got an awesome build quote from Kippie at MD, but the wait time is just not going to work. Need a truck in the next 2 months. There are a lot of smart cookies on this thread, so I ask you this: Is it wise to lease something for 2 or 3 years and then order exactly what I want when the supply chain issues work themselves out? I'm in the home building business, so I completely get the long build times and supply chain nightmare. :cool: Thanks in advance.
Just buy yourself a cheap used truck while you wait for your order to be built. And when your truck is finished sell the used truck.

Users who are viewing this thread