5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New RAM 1500 not leveled

eOnkel

Reaction score
Hey,

I am proud owner of a new RAM 1500 5.7 E-Torque with Douple Cab and standart bed (6.4?).

It's my first real US car, and I love it ( I am from Germany and have the pleasure to live here at the Eastcoast for a few years.)

To keep a long story short (i searched for the issue, but couldn't find it, but perhaps I used the wrong topics):

The truck is on the left side lower than on the right side. It's easy to spot, if cheked from behind. The truck has now about 1200 miles.

The dealer here in Virginia Beach told me: that's normal, and the suspension will settle - nothing need to do anything.

It's hard to believe for me. May i ask you all to have a quick look and tell me if thats normal or not? THX so much!

IMG_5730.jpeg IMG_5732.jpeg IMG_5734.jpeg IMG_5735.jpeg IMG_5736.jpeg IMG_5737.jpeg

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new truck. I'm not sure what weird tape measure thing you have there. I'm kidding. Anyway, it is normal for that to happen. Also, make sure to measure on an almost empty fuel tank. More fuel equals more weight on the left side.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What he said. Look at any truck on the road and it leans slightly to the left because of the fuel tank.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can’t get past that weird tape measure. Is it in Chinese or some other language? Just kidding mate. Welcome! And congrats on the truck. What’s your address so I can have Uncle Sam send you a Red White and Blue ‘Merican tape measure🤣

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Quite the measuring tape you got there bud. Welcome! completely normal btw.

eOnkel

Reaction score
I can’t get past that weird tape measure. Is it in Chinese or some other language? Just kidding mate. Welcome! And congrats on the truck. What’s your address so I can have Uncle Sam send you a Red White and Blue ‘Merican tape measure🤣
;) This is fancy stuff from the old world...deep out of Bavaria. :)

eOnkel

Reaction score
Thx for all the answers...got the point, it is normal 👍

I am still learning :)

kzielu

Reaction score
You are overthinking this way too much - a centimeter of a difference between sides is nothing - suspension will not settle if it hasn't settled already, but first where you're measuring it there is a whole bunch of body dimensions and tolerances that come into it, second the ride height depends on what / who do you have in the truck (including fuel load and any cargo in the bed and where it is located).

Enjoy your truck and don't overthink it.

Morenar

Reaction score
Hey,

I am proud owner of a new RAM 1500 5.7 E-Torque with Douple Cab and standart bed (6.4?).

It's my first real US car, and I love it ( I am from Germany and have the pleasure to live here at the Eastcoast for a few years.)

To keep a long story short (i searched for the issue, but couldn't find it, but perhaps I used the wrong topics):

The truck is on the left side lower than on the right side. It's easy to spot, if cheked from behind. The truck has now about 1200 miles.

The dealer here in Virginia Beach told me: that's normal, and the suspension will settle - nothing need to do anything.

It's hard to believe for me. May i ask you all to have a quick look and tell me if thats normal or not? THX so much!

View attachment 167773 View attachment 167774 View attachment 167775 View attachment 167776 View attachment 167777 View attachment 167778
Take a look at this TSB

CatDaddy66

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and to the East Coast. I also live in Virginia Beach if you have any more questions and would like to chat in person let me know.

eOnkel

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and to the East Coast. I also live in Virginia Beach if you have any more questions and would like to chat in person let me know.
Hi, Thx, I really appriciate the offer - I for sure will come back with some questions. Have a great weekend!

DLantz

Reaction score
Thx for all the answers...got the point, it is normal 👍

I am still learning :)
I’ve got the same thing 1/2” lower on drivers side front & rear so there’s no damn way it’s bc of the fuel tank bc I’ve measured mine with a full tank and empty tank. It’s noticeable and for a brand new truck unacceptable. The TRX had the lean fix where they installed one part number up heavier coil springs on the drivers side which corrected the lean. It’s not normal to have a truck that’s lopsided. Sounds ridiculous to say this is normal.

eOnkel

Reaction score
I’ve got the same thing 1/2” lower on drivers side front & rear so there’s no damn way it’s bc of the fuel tank bc I’ve measured mine with a full tank and empty tank. It’s noticeable and for a brand new truck unacceptable. The TRX had the lean fix where they installed one part number up heavier coil springs on the drivers side which corrected the lean. It’s not normal to have a truck that’s lopsided. Sounds ridiculous to say this is normal.
Thats an interesting idea...perhaps it's an idea to go back to the delaer with that fix and let them do something...was it your TRX that was fixed?

Users who are viewing this thread