5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"New Posts" Issue

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cleared internet cache and it worked for two days. Now back to the same thing, clicking "New Posts" brings me to the home page with the reviews and not the posts with new content.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cleared internet cache and it worked for two days. Now back to the same thing, clicking "New Posts" brings me to the home page with the reviews and not the posts with new content.
I only check new posts via TapaTalk i.v my phone now.

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It definitely seems to be an issue that only seems to affect a certain subset of people, unfortunately. I am still looking into it and have had our IT guy looking into it as well. Unfortunately, there are no error logs on our end and we haven't been able to reproduce the issue on our ends which makes it a lot trickier to deal with. I have reached out to the creators of the forum software as well and keep tweaking things on our end that could affect it so I am hoping to get it resolved here. I apologize for the inconvenience, I know it is a pain in the ***.

So today I click on myself, top right hand-ish corner, and click on "your content", and guess what? Yep, Home page. What the heck!?
I know you guys will figure it out eventually so keep trying!

Psyonic64

Reaction score
For me, clicking "new posts" produces something like the below URL:

1580607725430.png

I found that if I delete everything to the right of "whats-new/" (like so)

1580607848338.png

Not a fix, but perhaps a workaround for some.

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thats not the problem, the problem is when you go to the bottom of that page and click on "view more"

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so I changed a setting on Cloudflare that I knew would either make the problem better or worse, looks like it's made it worse so I will change it back. Everything that's mentioned in this thread traces back to using Cloudflare which we use to combat spam, also the issues don't affect everyone with makes it even harder to track down. We are going to stay on top of it and keep tweaking things, sorry for the inconvenience guys.

Livinfast85

Reaction score
I also found that deleting the text to the right of the forward slash will take you to the correct page!
20200203_173301.jpg

69385vette

Reaction score
It's odd that during the daytime, What's New/New Posts work correctly. When I try in the evening, I get the Article list, not new posts. This behavior is very consistent.

Neokane

Reaction score
I'm having the same issues.
Clicking view more takes me to home page
Tried it in an incognito tab.. works fine.

Galaxy s8
Chrome
Clearing cache is a temp fix.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe it is now resolved, I had to disable some add one as it seemed like some were clashing, but it has stopped redirecting me. Let me know how it is on your guys end.

Users who are viewing this thread