5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New PA Member

Keep On Truckin

Reaction score
Hey new member from eastern PA. Should be ordering my 19 Limited etorque 5.7 w/ the 6'4" bed shortly! Came on here to read and learn as much as possible so I can spec it perfectly. Can't wait to order it and contribute to the forum. Any advice from anyone who has there's already.. features you can't live without and those not to waste your money on? Thanks ahead of time!

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey new member from eastern PA. Should be ordering my 19 Limited etorque 5.7 w/ the 6'4" bed shortly! Came on here to read and learn as much as possible so I can spec it perfectly. Can't wait to order it and contribute to the forum. Any advice from anyone who has there's already.. features you can't live without and those not to waste your money on? Thanks ahead of time!
Welcome!

Since it looks like your getting the Limited, you'll get most of the features I would have picked. I would add DONT GET THE TOW GROUP! If you need to tow, just add the brake controller. Tow group only adds the controller and the tow mirrors, which you can probably live without, and you loose the 360 Degree camera, which I can say I love on this truck.

Get the 33 gallon tank also...she eats gas :p

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Let me echo the comment by @202snowman - DON'T GET THE TOW GROUP ;) The 360-degree surround view camera is pretty awesome. Get the trailer brake controller separately if you actually need/want it. I also think the Adaptive Cruise Control (part of the Advanced Safety Group) is pretty cool.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Sounds like the others about covered it. I will add welcome and Good Luck.

Keep On Truckin

Reaction score
Welcome!

Since it looks like your getting the Limited, you'll get most of the features I would have picked. I would add DONT GET THE TOW GROUP! If you need to tow, just add the brake controller. Tow group only adds the controller and the tow mirrors, which you can probably live without, and you loose the 360 Degree camera, which I can say I love on this truck.

Get the 33 gallon tank also...she eats gas :p

Thanks for the advice! I saw that you lost the 360 camera with the tow mirrors..so no thanks on those. I was planning on the 33 gal gas tank too so that's good. What are your thoughts and everyone else's on the power running boards? While at the dealership I kinda thought they were pointless with the exit and entry mode. Kinda like a half step for no reason and a little more difficult to get out. Almost debated on getting a loaded Laramie just so I didn't have to spend the thousand bucks on them.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome from another Pa’er. The steps are a very personal preference. Steps came with mine (not powered) and then I ended up swapping them for a set a little more aggressive looking. Now I’m thinking I might like the “naked” look. That of course won’t work with the wife and daughter so I see power steps as an option now.

So take it from a guy who can’t make his mind up, make up your mind! Lol.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! I saw that you lost the 360 camera with the tow mirrors..so no thanks on those. I was planning on the 33 gal gas tank too so that's good. What are your thoughts and everyone else's on the power running boards? While at the dealership I kinda thought they were pointless with the exit and entry mode. Kinda like a half step for no reason and a little more difficult to get out. Almost debated on getting a loaded Laramie just so I didn't have to spend the thousand bucks on them.

I'm happy with them..use them everyday. Winter will be the good test for me to see how they act in the snow.

I don't lower to exit / entry every time I want to get in and out.

The other saving grace was getting my father in the truck...taking it to entry exit Plus having the power boards come out only makes it a couple inch step in which he could do on his own

Keep On Truckin

Reaction score
I'm happy with them..use them everyday. Winter will be the good test for me to see how they act in the snow.

I don't lower to exit / entry every time I want to get in and out.

The other saving grace was getting my father in the truck...taking it to entry exit Plus having the power boards come out only makes it a couple inch step in which he could do on his own

That is a good point. Might possible level at one point so that might help a little as well. Now I just need to decide what rears. Thinking of 3.21 sense it will mostly be a family travel vehicle and only some light hauling. I see a lot of people on here have the 3.92's. Figure the has to be a reason for that.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That is a good point. Might possible level at one point so that might help a little as well. Now I just need to decide what rears. Thinking of 3.21 sense it will mostly be a family travel vehicle and only some light hauling. I see a lot of people on here have the 3.92's. Figure the has to be a reason for that.

I just posted this in another thread but if you assume 18,000 miles a year , $3 gas, and the difference between 16 and 18 mpg (assuming a 2mpg difference due to gearing), that's about $450 a year. I chose 3.92s both for towing and acceleration..the 3.21 I drove was definitely slower accelerating...and damn it's nice to hit the throttle at 60 and pass someone like they are standing still lol.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome.

I am in Central Pennsylvania, almost dead center lol.

You can not go wrong with the Limited or Laramie. My preference is the Laramie, but it is real easy to option one and it actually be more expensive than the limited.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Thanks for joining us

Users who are viewing this thread