5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Owner "Ram Connected Services Not Active" in Vehicle, but Active on Apps

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New Ram that I picked up Friday. At the dealership the salesperson activated the online services so they work with the RAM app. Lock, unlock, remote start, fuel level- all good. In the vehicle, there is an app to activate connected services and in addition to that some apps report connected services are not active. I have tried a bunch of times to activate via the Uconnect screen, which requires my first and last name along with my email. It shows a loading screen for a few seconds then errors out with an option to Try Later or Call Support. I called Support today and it was not very good. The CSR kept insisting that my online services were active, but was referring to the phone app. I know that as I have been using it via the app. She wouldn't listen when I told her some of the apps in the truck were needed to be activated and that was what I needed help with. Honestly, she could have cared less and it was very disappointing. To spend this kind of money on a vehicle to be treated like a bother then talking to customer support was insulting to say the least. @RamCares, you guys can do better than that.

Has anyone had a similar issue and what was the fix?

Oh, and I while I was looking at the connect.ramtrucks.com website I noticed that some "connected" features like Off Road pages expire after 5 years? Really? Part of the built in system that tells me if I am 4x4 or not will have a cost associated with it? This is the wrong path to go down Stelantis

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Every time I have tried activating via the Uconnect screen I have gotten the same error. Honestly never tried to call support lol. And yeah some of the stuff expiring after a few years is bs. Sadly pay to win has made its way to vehicles now.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called on it. I was told if your app on your phone works your all set. Disregard the app on the radio.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does your eco coach app work? Some of the screens require it to be active, which it says it's not

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Does your eco coach app work? Some of the screens require it to be active, which it says it's not
Mine does but I had to hard reset the radio twice. It disappeared the first time I reset it lol.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My eco coach app is gone.... never ends with this

Bigbags85

Reaction score
You did a reset play clear all the data reset the radio or just hold down the tune and volume knob until it reset?
I reset all the data. I was initially trying to get the weather to work but then the eco coach disappeared so I reset it again.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did both apps start working again?
When I first picked up my truck the Off Road pages engine temp gauge was reading zero. I held down the volume and tune knobs together until the system reset. That fixed the Off Road page. I am going to try that and see if it fixes the connected services before the reset.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I'll try that. Is that function found in the Uconnect settings?
Yeah, it is in the settings. I can't remember where off the top of my head. One of the bottom "categories," system maybe? I can check when I get a min to run outside.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
When I first picked up my truck the Off Road pages engine temp gauge was reading zero. I held down the volume and tune knobs together until the system reset. That fixed the Off Road page. I am going to try that and see if it fixes the connected services before the reset.
Same thing here one of my temps reads zero in the off road page (can't remember which). Might have to try the soft reset to see if that fixes it.

Users who are viewing this thread