5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New owner, pulled the trigger! 2019 Limited

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Hey all, so as mentioned in a previous thread of mine I went out shopping today to try and take advantage of end of month/end of quarter timeframe for dealers trying to unload inventory (especially remaining 2019 models). It has been difficult for me to find a truck w/the combination of options I was looking for: Limited (also considered a Longhorn but preferred a Limited) w/the HEMI, level 1 equipment group, off-road group, pano roof and trailer brake controller in either black, white, silver or grey but it HAD to have the indigo/frost interior.

Well, I'm thrilled to say that I was able to locate a truck that fit those criteria locally and am now a proud new owner of a 2019 Limited in ivory white tri-coat pearl with indigo/frost interior with all of the above options. Even ended up having the RamBox (which I didn't think I would want but is already growing on me) and the bed utility group. It does have the chrome bumpers which I initially wasn't a fan of but are much less noticeable in person than in pictures.

MSRP was ~$68k, was able to get them down to around $61k (about $1k below invoice) plus another $8k in rebates/discounts the dealer threw in (that I may or may not have qualified for - every question they asked re: affiliates or anything related I answered "no" lol). I opted for a 36/15k lease and ended up at about $53k-$54k adjusted cap cost; roughly a 21% reduction from MSRP. Too bad it won't fit in my garage - misses by just inches, but other than that I am ecstatic! Even my wife commented on how nice the truck rode w/the air suspension and even went so far as to call it "pretty".

Pics to come soon!

Last edited:

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey all, so as mentioned in a previous thread of mine I went out shopping today to try and take advantage of end of month/end of quarter timeframe for dealers trying to unload inventory (especially remaining 2019 models). It has been difficult for me to find a truck w/the combination of options I was looking for: Limited (also considered a Longhorn but preferred a Limited) w/the HEMI, level 1 equipment group, off-road group, pano roof and trailer brake controller in either black, white, silver or grey but it HAD to have the indigo/frost interior.

Well, I'm thrilled to say that I was able to locate a truck that fit those criteria locally and am now a proud new owner of a 2019 Limited in ivory white tri-coat pearl with indigo/frost interior with all of the above options. Even ended up having the RamBox (which I didn't think I would want but is already growing on me) and the bed utility group. It does have the chrome bumpers which I initially wasn't a fan of but are much less noticeable in person than in pictures.

MSRP was ~$68k, was able to get them down to around $61k (about $1k below invoice) plus another $8k in rebates. I opted for a 36/15k lease and ended up at about $53k-$54k adjusted cap cost; roughly a 21% reduction from MSRP. Too bad it won't fit in my garage - misses by just inches, but other than that I am ecstatic! Even my wife commented on how nice the truck rode w/the air suspension and even went so far as to call it "pretty".

Pics to come soon!
Sounds like we almost have twins.

wvinson

Reaction score
Back in June, I did the same lease as you with the same truck with a early lease trade in (30 months into a 39 mo lease). What is your payment if you don't mind me asking?

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Sounds like we almost have twins.

Haha yeah man! Feels good to be in the club, finally - I had 22's on my Escalade and really wasn't a fan of the harsher ride/added tire cost so opted against it this time around. Plus I really wanted the off-road group so that basically forced my hand, anyway.

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Back in June, I did the same lease as you with the same truck with a early lease trade in (30 months into a 39 mo lease). What is your payment if you don't mind me asking?

My max/target monthly payment was around $750 which is what I ended up at - the financing options were anywhere from $100-$200 higher which also played a part in my opting for the lease which is fine since in 3 years I can either keep the truck or get a shiny new toy.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whoa. That's a lot of money to rent a truck!

If you're happy, I'm happy for you. I would never do that.

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Whoa. That's a lot of money to rent a truck!

If you're happy, I'm happy for you. I would never do that.

Eh, fair assessment. I've always been fascinated by the latest and greatest so leasing allows me to get into something new every few years. I haven't even kept a phone longer than a year since the first iPhone was released though that's obviously on a much smaller scale but to each his own.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What’s the point in even saying that? Hey, unless you pay cash you are renting the truck too,..OP, congrats, sounds like a beautiful rig.
What's the point in saying it? Cause it's true. It is a lot of money to rent a truck. No?

I said I was happy for him.

bdcramer1

Reaction score
What's the point in saying it? Cause it's true. It is a lot of money to rent a truck. No?

Did you finance your truck? For how long? If it's longer than the term of his lease you are in about the same position as he is at that term with one exception. He can walk away or pay off his residual. Your only option is to keep paying. You're both at about the same equity position. Leasing and financing are roughly the same. Just alternate mean of financing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whatever, dude. I don't even care. I'm over it already.

Congratulations OP. I'm sure it's a beautiful truck. Enjoy it!

JHRebel

Reaction score

Wtf does it matter, a lot of money to one person might not be to another...and you keep mentioning renting...if you are financing a truck you are renting it from the bank until you have paid it off, leasing is just paying the depreciation and another form of financing....either way I doubt the op cares how much you feel comfortable spending when it comes to his new truck.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I take it all back. It’s a great idea to lease (happy? I didn’t say “rent”) a truck for $750 per month and be out $30k and have 0 equity in 36 months.

I feel bad for the OP. Poor guy got a new truck, and he’s all excited and proud of it, and we turned it into an argument. It’s my fault, I know.

So, I apologize. Again, OP, congratulations and enjoy your new truck.

Everybody have a great night.

JHRebel

Reaction score
I take it all back. It’s a great idea to lease (happy? I didn’t say “rent”) a truck for $750 per month and be out $30k and have 0 equity in 36 months.

I feel bad for the OP. Poor guy got a new truck, and he’s all excited and proud of it, and we turned it into an argument. It’s my fault, I know.

So, I apologize. Again, OP, congratulations and enjoy your new truck.

Everybody have a great night.
You are such a jerk, and without knowing the buyout he has you have no idea what the equity situation may be, I’m currently financing my RAM but, I have traded I leases in the last with positive equity, or bought them at a favorable rate....you are pretty ignorant on this topic, none of it’s just black and white.

bdcramer1

Reaction score
Have you heard of math? How long did you finance your truck? What's your payoff after 36 months? Pretty close to his residual... Just math...

drstein

Reaction score
Have you heard of math? How long did you finance your truck? What's your payoff after 36 months? Pretty close to his residual... Just math...

Leasing and financing are roughly the same ?? Good grief, it never ends. Most FCA leases are not favorable leases, especially upper trims. Also, if he buys it at lease end, is he paying sales tax, again ? Do you understand what constitutes a good lease ?? Whats his money factor ?? How much money should you put down on a lease ?? How much did the OP put down ?? Just math, .......seriously.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats, welcome to the Limited club. I did about the same thing end of August but purchased instead of leasing, only thing I didn’t get was the pano roof. It doesn’t really bother me as I never used them in the past on prior vehicles and it’s one less thing to worry about.

OtterRam

Reaction score

MSRP was ~$68k, was able to get them down to around $61k (about $1k below invoice) plus another $8k in rebates. I opted for a 36/15k lease and ended up at about $53k-$54k adjusted cap cost; roughly a 21% reduction from MSRP. Too bad it won't fit in my garage - misses by just inches, but other than that I am ecstatic! Even my wife commented on how nice the truck rode w/the air suspension and even went so far as to call it "pretty".

Pics to come soon!
Post some pictures of that bad boy!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Congrats, welcome to the Limited club. I did about the same thing end of August but purchased instead of leasing, only thing I didn’t get was the pano roof. It doesn’t really bother me as I never used them in the past on prior vehicles and it’s one less thing to worry about.

I'm kind of with you on that - I used to use my sunroof in previous vehicles a whole lot more than I do now but it's certainly a nice feature just to let light into the cabin. Not to mention it can be a bit of a showstopper for others when you first press the button to retract the sunshade and nearly the entire roof opens into a pane of glass.

Users who are viewing this thread