5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Owner from FL

2020GraniteBH

Reaction score
Hey guys first time truck owner from Florida here. My previous car was a 2016 ScatPack Charger which I loved but it was time to get something with more room and 4x4 capabilities for some adventures. I was really set on getting a Toyota 4Runner but I have always wanted a Ram so I decided to go test drive one after my neighbor picked one up and it was over from there. I have only had it a few days but I am in love with it so far. It is a 2020 Granite Bighorn 4x4 which so far I have tinted to 5% but look forward to doing more in the future. I have attached some pics. I look forward to learning more about the truck world from all of you!

Attachments

• Charger:Ram.JPG
    Charger:Ram.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Cooper & Ram.JPG
    Cooper & Ram.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Dash New.JPG
    Dash New.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Dirt water .JPG
    Dirt water .JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Front Tints.JPG
    Front Tints.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Side Tints.JPG
    Side Tints.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 41

JRD

Reaction score
The new 4Runners are really nice looking, especially when you give it an off-road twist. With that said I love my RAM, first truck I’ve owned and are luxurious imo.

congrats on the new truck though, stay off these forums unless you want to find something new to buy every other day lol

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. I know you said you were coming from a charger but just in case.....

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

2020GraniteBH

Reaction score
The new 4Runners are really nice looking, especially when you give it an off-road twist. With that said I love my RAM, first truck I’ve owned and are luxurious imo.

congrats on the new truck though, stay off these forums unless you want to find something new to buy every other day lol
Haha thanks man! I see you have the Line X Premium bedliner, would you recommend it?

JRD

Reaction score
Haha thanks man! I see you have the Line X Premium bedliner, would you recommend it?
Absolutely. The lifetime warranty is hard to beat and from what I’ve read LineX is more consistent across the board from location to location because they have to go through special training opposed to a rhino liner for example.

then with the “premium” the UV protection is nice because you don’t have to worry about fading or anything like that.

now with my truck I don’t have the bed lights so they sprayed over the caps, so when I put them in if there is any issue with the liner I just take it in and they fix it free. (At any line x location)

2020GraniteBH

Reaction score
Absolutely. The lifetime warranty is hard to beat and from what I’ve read LineX is more consistent across the board from location to location because they have to go through special training opposed to a rhino liner for example.

then with the “premium” the UV protection is nice because you don’t have to worry about fading or anything like that.

now with my truck I don’t have the bed lights so they sprayed over the caps, so when I put them in if there is any issue with the liner I just take it in and they fix it free. (At any line x location)

Ahh thats awesome good to know I am definitely leaning towards them specially after hearing that. Thanks a lot!

wchach

Reaction score
Hey guys first time truck owner from Florida here. My previous car was a 2016 ScatPack Charger which I loved but it was time to get something with more room and 4x4 capabilities for some adventures. I was really set on getting a Toyota 4Runner but I have always wanted a Ram so I decided to go test drive one after my neighbor picked one up and it was over from there. I have only had it a few days but I am in love with it so far. It is a 2020 Granite Bighorn 4x4 which so far I have tinted to 5% but look forward to doing more in the future. I have attached some pics. I look forward to learning more about the truck world from all of you!
Congrats on your new Ram. I'm a first time truck owner as well. I traded my '18 4Runner (which I loved) on a '19 Bighorn this summer and have no regrets. It's an awesome truck!

2020GraniteBH

Reaction score
Congrats on your new Ram. I'm a first time truck owner as well. I traded my '18 4Runner (which I loved) on a '19 Bighorn this summer and have no regrets. It's an awesome truck!
Thanks man, congrats to you as well! If you dont mind me asking what made you switch?

wchach

Reaction score
Thanks man, congrats to you as well! If you dont mind me asking what made you switch?
I had been wanting a truck for years and just couldn't justify keeping the 4Runner. My wife also didn't like the harsh ride of the 4Runner so I got the green light to trade it on the Ram and keep our MDX as my daily driver.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck, it looks good. Since you are in Fl you’ll want to keep up on the AC performance thread, all 60 pages of it. Glad you like your truck, and the ride is indeed a plus. Good pictures too!

Users who are viewing this thread