5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Owner from Chicago

Meem47

Reaction score
Hi all! We are new owners as of last week. Not so happy right now as Ram was in shop 24 hours later.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome and care to elaborate as to why ? My first one I only owned for 45 minutes due to a problem, but this second one makes me smile everyday.

Meem47

Reaction score
Welcome and care to elaborate as to why ? My first one I only owned for 45 minutes due to a problem, but this second one makes me smile everyday.
Hi there! Sorry I had a separate thread in general discussion that explained...the dealer is saying the module needs to be completely replaced because the key fobs aren’t communicating with the truck. Very disappointing in a brand new vehicle having to be in the shop 2 days later. Dealership doesn’t want to offer any compensation. this is our first truck purchase so maybe this is normal? We’ve never had to have our other new vehicles serviced within a day.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the issue with the fobs. Without trying to make any excuses, these vehicles are a complicated electronic mess these days and frankly, regardless of the brand, I’m surprised that they work anywhere as well as they all seem to.
Hopefully your key fob issue will be resolved quickly and you can return to driving and enjoying your truck!
I don’t know if that Allstate $250 rebate thing still applies but you might be hearing from Patsy about it soon. It worked for me but you have to have a non FCA other vehicle still plated in the family to apply.

Users who are viewing this thread