5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Order Laramie - No reclining rear seats?

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got to test mine out the other week, was pretty damn comfy and better than the front due to the amount of extra space. I know when I've had people back there which have always been teenagers to adults, they have really liked using the recline feature.

IMG_6880.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can’t remember the names. But a few of them were posted on here and when I looked them up it said they didn’t work with reclining seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Assuming you mean aftermarket storage solutions then. It's good to know there may be issues like that. Could help someone else to avoid wasting their money on something that won't fit under the rear seat if they have the reclining rear seat option.

The stock storage solutions work perfectly for me, and like that I can flip it out of the way if needed. The reclining seats, with the fold forward ability, are worth more to me than being able to add any aftermarket storage solution.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got to test mine out the other week, was pretty damn comfy and better than the front due to the amount of extra space. I know when I've had people back there which have always been teenagers to adults, they have really liked using the recline feature.

View attachment 123410
Hell, I had a whole different picture of what you meant when you said you got to test out the rear seats in your truck, and it wasn't you sitting there taking a picture of someone else driving your truck :ROFLMAO: Do kids even do that any more?

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hell, I had a whole different picture of what you meant when you said you got to test out the rear seats in your truck, and it wasn't you sitting there taking a picture of someone else driving your truck :ROFLMAO: Do kids even do that any more?

Hahaha well the kid driving it better not be doing anything like that back there, ever!

To your first point though, yes the wife and I may be testing out the back seat area once it warms up again around here :ROFLMAO: And that's why it's good to be the first owner here!

Whitty37

Reaction score
I agree with those that like the rear reclining seats...my Laramie has them (not heated) and I think they are awesome!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there I have the Du-ha understorage w/ lid and I have rear reclining seats so that’s at least fits not sure about the other third part options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LouNY

Reaction score
My "19" Laramie has the reclining seat and the passenger side is slide out all the time for my dog.
She was a bit put out when we put my grand daughters casr seat on the passenger side and all she got was the drivers side.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there I have the Du-ha understorage w/ lid and I have rear reclining seats so that’s at least fits not sure about the other third part options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Is that the one that will hold a couple rifles?

Tika

Reaction score
if your riding in backseat for any length of time even a lil bit is huge......i have them in my Laramie and its a good thing not a bad thing for whoever is back there.....most backseats in trucks are incredibly upright......its a nice addition and heated as well

mcat79

Reaction score
I asked if MD could inquire about this and what options I had after-sale to upgrade these back to reclining seats. This was the response:

“Stellatntis stated that this will not be an easy fix after-market. You would have to replace the entire back seat”

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
if your riding in backseat for any length of time even a lil bit is huge......i have them in my Laramie and its a good thing not a bad thing for whoever is back there.....most backseats in trucks are incredibly upright......its a nice addition and heated as well
You wouldn't think it would be a huge difference but it really is. Relieves a lot of pressure on your spine and allows you to stretch out a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online