5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Order Laramie - No reclining rear seats?

mcat79

Reaction score
I tried placing my Laramie order with MD today, but was told that there is a $100 discount because they can't do the reclining rear seats? I am assuming it would be the Big Horn backseat? Has anyone run into something similar? I put the order on hold hoping that issues gets resolved in a few days.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I honestly didn't know you could get the reclining rear seat in a Laramie , I thought that was only available in the Long Horn and Limited .

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have them in my 2020 Laramie and to be honest they don't recline all that much. I'm not sure it's even worth the extra $100 for them. I think my kids have reclined them maybe twice in 2 years.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Yeah they only move a little. Unless you’re hauling adults in the back all the time. They would never get used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well that stinks. I haul adults in the back seat fairly regularly and they comment on the additional comfort from reclining. If you plan to use the truck for long drives with teenagers or adults then it may be worth reconsidering or waiting.

DuaneMiller

Reaction score
I have a 22 Laramie Crew Cab, and the backseats in mine recline... Could you be choosing the quad cab instead of the crew cab?

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While I've never ridden in the back of ours, I have reclined the seats and sat back there and I thought it was great. Better than an airplane, for sure. We had them in our 2015 Grand Cherokee too, but again, I only tried them, never rode in them.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I've only hauled adults in my back seats, and so far, everyone has made positive comments. Maybe the loss of reclining seats is actually a loss of the heated rear seats...which would make sense with a chip shortage.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's not so much that I use the reclining feature, but if you have reclining seats you also have the ability to release the rear seat back to access the area behind the rear seats.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
But you loose the ability to use some of the under seat storage options.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I have the reclining rear seats in my 2021 Laramie w/o heat. I love having access to the area behind the seats. This is where I store my Jumper cables, umbrella, etc. Also, I usually have adults in the back seat and they all comment on how much more comfortable the rear seat is with them reclined. I definitely think it is well worth the $100.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I have the reclining rear seats in my 2021 Laramie w/o heat. I love having access to the area behind the seats. This is where I store my Jumper cables, umbrella, etc. Also, I usually have adults in the back seat and they all comment on how much more comfortable the rear seat is with them reclined. I definitely think it is well worth the $100.
Well that blows up my theory. :confused: I thought all Laramie's had heated rear seats.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
I think that’s a level up option. Mine recline, but aren’t heated

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
I can’t remember the names. But a few of them were posted on here and when I looked them up it said they didn’t work with reclining seats.

MontFla

Reaction score
I can’t remember the names. But a few of them were posted on here and when I looked them up it said they didn’t work with reclining seats.

My 2022 seats recline in the rear and are heated

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Can you be more specific on what storage options are lost with the reclining seats?
It must be those plastic bin-type units. I like the big flat floor for carrying my dirt bike gear bag, so those type of bins don't work for me anyway.

MontFla

Reaction score
It must be those plastic bin-type units. I like the big flat floor for carrying my dirt bike gear bag, so those type of bins don't work for me anyway.
I have the storage and recliner seats

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/