5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Off Road Pages

RME1717

Reaction score
I was watching a video showing off some new features on a 2021 Ram 1500 and one thing I noticed is the new off road pages in the gauge cluster. Could this possibly be something that could added to an existing 5th Gen 1500 through an update or something aftermarket?

Capture.PNG 2.PNG

CJR28

Reaction score
Good question, I wondered where these features were on my 20’. Will be watching closely

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Had those features on my 2014 grand Cherokee which was also uconnect so you would think if the sensors are in place that a software update might add them.

but again I would think that you would need the sensors in place.

Wch_chip

Reaction score
Off-road pages were added to the 2018 JL Wranglers after the fact so it could be done. I'm not sure they will though.

moparleo51

Reaction score
well, maybe thats something that can be done with the tazer.

WanderingDuc

Reaction score
This is also on my 2021 Rebel
Do you have the 8.4 Nav or the 12-inch? I've only see it on the 12 inch screen so far. As far as updating 19's and 20's, it should easily be possible. If you have the Rebel/ORG, the sensors are already in it for the electronic locker. Steering position, gauges, and transfer case sensors have been there all along. The only thing that wouldn't be readily available is the front camera.

Wch_chip

Reaction score
I know the only reason they added it to the 2018 JL Wranglers is because they originally advertised it as part of the vehicle. RAM does not have the same “issue" so they have zero reason to add it. But I hope they do for you guys.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know the only reason they added it to the 2018 JL Wranglers is because they originally advertised it as part of the vehicle. RAM does not have the same “issue" so they have zero reason to add it. But I hope they do for you guys.
Well...they advertised Vehicle Health Reports for the 12" UConnect, and those don't exist. They also advertised the bed step, which most of us didn't get (late availability) or had to return (recall). They advertised quite a few accessories that haven't yet reached the market. Moral of the story...advertising is suspect, at best ;)

But it would be cool if they provided the Off Road pages for Rebel and Off-Road Group owners! (I'm just not holding my breath.)

WanderingDuc

Reaction score
Finally got my build sheet today. The offroad pages are annotated on there for the 8.4 Nav radio. Now to see if they are actually available when I pick it up in a couple weeks.

RME1717

Reaction score
Does your window sticker call it out as a feature like here?

44.PNG

Last edited:

WanderingDuc

Reaction score
Offroad.jpg
Mine does. If you're asking InstrumentTech, there may be something to do with the differences in the Canadian models. Maybe coming in an OTA update.

InstrumentTech

Reaction score
Yes it was listed under my equipment. Just shows up in the instrument cluster and not on the 12" screen.

Attachments

• Off Road Pages.png
    Off Road Pages.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 149

Users who are viewing this thread