5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member = New to Ram

mdavila

Reaction score
Hello All - My name is Mario Davila. I work in Marketing/Design. I am looking at a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel. I am super excited, love the 5th Gen Ram 1500. The Limited creature comforts are amazing, really cant find anything wrong with the truck (except maybe the premium price lol). The truck will mostly be used to tow "flip" cars that I fix on the side.

Anyway wanted to introduce myself and wanted to ask for any advice on the truck. Things to look out for, features to avoid, personal reviews/recommendations, all terrain tires, etc.

If anybody has any tips to negotiate at the dealer that would be great. How much I should negotiate, etc. Anything is appreciated.

Link to Truck

NRitland2

Reaction score
Great looking truck. Spend some time with the search function! Everything you can think of will be mostly likely answered.

best of luck

BNJMN

Reaction score
Sharp truck, has the 3.92 and brake controller. Towing capacity 9,682. If it was my money I'd buy new, can likely get close to that price at certain dealers on a brand new order and pick all the options you want, but if this is exactly what you want it is nice to just go get it without waiting for an order.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you can wait a bit...check with Koons and Mark Dodge to see what their price for a brand new one would be...I'd bet very close. That truck stickered at $72k...it may be worth your while.

Regarding that specific truck...it has 3.92 rearend so with the EcoDiesel it will be a pleasure to tow, but not if you get too heavy as the payload on that specific truck will be about the lowest possible, so you'd be VERY limited on how big you can tow. (tongue weight being the issue)

Otherwise, beautiful truck!!

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome!

IMO, that price tag is mental for a 2 year old truck with almost 20K miles on it. No way Jose. Like @Andymax said, talk to MD and try to get a deal on a new one. If you need something right now immediately, go for something cheaper/lower trim, order new, and then trade in. My two cents.

mdavila

Reaction score
Price seems a bit high IMO glad to see I am not only one. What would you guys consider a fair price would be? I know a lot goes into price but just trying to ballpark idea. I am new to Ram and this will actually be my first truck.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Btw who is Mark Dodge MD. They a vendor here?
High volume dealer down in Louisiana, but they will ship wherever and their prices are generally so good that even with a delivery charge you still save money (or you can go pick it up yourself, save even more, and have a nice break-in road trip back home). There's a dedicated thread for them here.

I almost never buy used for various reasons but I personally wouldn't pay a cent over $60k for a 2-year old like-new condition Limited, even fully loaded.

I skipped Level 1 on my Limited, and it looks like the one you linked doesn't have it either (no rear vent seats listed anywhere I can see). I paid $65k for mine, 2022, brand new (with a trade-in). So that price looks insane to me, "crazy market" or not.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It does have Limited Level 1...I'm not sure there are any options that truck doesn't have!!

BigD

Reaction score
$64.5 looks like a normal price to me in this market. Go to Kelly Blue Book & Edmund's & check for yourself. There is no negotiating now days. U are lucky to pay MSRP. If at all possible wait until 2023 to buy !!

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
U are lucky to pay MSRP
Not true! Just need to be smart, and look for the dealer that's actually willing to, you know, deal lol

Means you may have to go out of state but good prices are out there. It's just before you could make dealers fall over themselves trying to win your business, now you have to hunt down a decent offer.

dlhousejr

Reaction score
Price seems a bit high IMO glad to see I am not only one. What would you guys consider a fair price would be? I know a lot goes into price but just trying to ballpark idea. I am new to Ram and this will actually be my first truck.
Sounds like if you were to build that exact truck as a '22 with Mark Dodge, i'd bet you save over $10k. Down side is you will have to wait 3-4 months...

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like if you were to build that exact truck as a '22 with Mark Dodge, i'd bet you save over $10k. Down side is you will have to wait 3-4 months...
Well, I don't know that he would SAVE $10K, it would probably be about the same amount, or a little more. The difference is that it would be a brand spanking new 2022, not a used 2020 with 17k+ miles.

Users who are viewing this thread