5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member & New to Ram

RamVader

Reaction score
Hi everybody. My name is Vito, I live in Calabasas, California

I am very excited I came across this forum!
Allow me to ramble on about myself so you can understand my experience with trucks and towing. ( feel free to scroll down to the Ram info if you are not interested ) I have only owned Ford trucks all my life since 1977. I have had quite a few different models throughout the years From F150 to F350 gas and diesel. I sold all of my dirt and water toys and trailers. I felt I did not need a truck anymore. Boy was I wrong! I am an old fart, 6’ 4”, 240 lbs. with a bad back and in need of double knee replacement. I really miss just stepping in and out of a truck. After the pain of squatting down to get in and out of a car for a year and a half I could not take it anymore. I was ready to go to the Ford dealership and purchase a new truck.

God must have got tired of listening to me ***** everyday about missing my truck. A week ago the heavens opened up and this light shined upon my television with an incredible deal from Ram! 0 interest for 84 months, no payments for 90 days, plus incentives on a new Ram 1500. I told my wife that this is a sign to try something new. I wondered into an empty dodge dealership near my house the next day to find out what this was all about. I got lucky and talked to a gentleman who happened to be the owner of the dealership. He told me he would make me a no BS deal on a new 1500. He did not have exactly what I was looking for so he offered to custom order one for me. I agreed and we went through the list of options.

Below is the information on the build sheet he provided me ( Photo included ):
2020 Ram 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4X2 ( I did not need 4x4 because I live in sunny California )
5.7 V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine
Diamond Black
33 Gal Fuel Tank
Dual Function Tailgate
Rambox Cargo Management System
Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
Black Appearance Package

MSRP = $68,220
FWP ( Wholesale Price / Invoice ) = $62,657
HB ( Dealer Hold Back ) = $1,996
FFP ( Friends / Family Price ) = $62,105
EP ( Eligible Employee Price ) = $59,724
He hand wrote on the bottom of the build sheet the price he will sell this truck to me for ( I included a photo of the build sheet he handed to me ) = $52,675 + 0% for 84 Months and no payments for 90 days
( $15,545 discount from MSRP )

I felt that it was a good deal ( let me know what you think ) so I gave him a $500.00 deposit and ordered it. As I was getting back into my car I thought to myself, Crap! I just purchased a truck I know nothing about! As soon as I got home, I hit the internet and youtube to find out what I just purchased. I came across this forum and was very impressed with all of the knowledgeable people here.
I would like to squeeze a little more horsepower, torque, & rumble from the exhaust. Nothing to aggressive. I don’t want to void the factory warranty and keep it California legal. Maybe a CAI and Exhaust. I was also looking at the Pulsar. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for letting me ramble on here. I look forward to learning a lot here.

Attachments

• 2020_Ram_1500_Order_Sheet.jpg
    2020_Ram_1500_Order_Sheet.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 29

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Since you're custom ordering your 2020 Ram Limited, it will probably be a while before it's made and you take delivery. That will give you plenty of time to peruse this forum and gather great information about your purchase. Enjoy! :)

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I too am new to the forum as of last night, and have had my Ram Big Horn all of two weeks. Like you, I have only owned Fords. I am not brand loyal necessarily, but they have always worked well for me. I decided to trade my 2015 Lariat before I put to many more miles on it. I am sure glad I did. I really like this new Ram. Have fun with yours when it comes in.

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
Welcome and you got a good deal. Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread