5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member - New to Ram - New to Trucks!

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
Greetings! My name is Ben and I recently just ordered my first truck of any kind: A 2022 1500 Laramie G/T

A bit about me and what I'm currently driving:
I'm 35 yrs old and live in Northern Indiana. I own and operate an auto detailing business that I've been running full time for over 2 years now, but started back in 2014. I wanted to get a truck for the business and also take advantage of the huge tax write off so pulled the trigger on ordering one. :cool:

This will be quite the different vehicle for me! I've never owned a truck before and I'm coming from a 2013 VW GTI with all sorts of goodies on it. I've always been sort of a performance nut so have done lots of modifications to the GTI and it's been a great daily driver and fun car all in one. I'll still be holding onto it once I get the truck and it'll primarily become my track vehicle.

It was time to add a truck to the lineup though as I can now see all the benefits of having a vehicle that can tow, haul materials from the hardware store, yet still be luxurious and fun to daily drive.

My truck is pretty much a loaded Laramie G/T in bright white with the Night Edition package. I opted for all the extras like power running boards, pano-roof, Equipment Level B, 12" screen, etc. I'm also looking forward to having a great sounding exhaust right out of the gate with the G/T package!

I ordered it a couple weeks ago and got my VIN number right away so fingers crossed it will arrive by the end of the year!

Here's a pick of a '21 build as close to my specs as possible:
Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 7.27.15 AM.png

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings! My name is Ben and I recently just ordered my first truck of any kind: A 2022 1500 Laramie G/T

A bit about me and what I'm currently driving:
I'm 35 yrs old and live in Northern Indiana. I own and operate an auto detailing business that I've been running full time for over 2 years now, but started back in 2014. I wanted to get a truck for the business and also take advantage of the huge tax write off so pulled the trigger on ordering one. :cool:

This will be quite the different vehicle for me! I've never owned a truck before and I'm coming from a 2013 VW GTI with all sorts of goodies on it. I've always been sort of a performance nut so have done lots of modifications to the GTI and it's been a great daily driver and fun car all in one. I'll still be holding onto it once I get the truck and it'll primarily become my track vehicle.

It was time to add a truck to the lineup though as I can now see all the benefits of having a vehicle that can tow, haul materials from the hardware store, yet still be luxurious and fun to daily drive.

My truck is pretty much a loaded Laramie G/T in bright white with the Night Edition package. I opted for all the extras like power running boards, pano-roof, Equipment Level B, 12" screen, etc. I'm also looking forward to having a great sounding exhaust right out of the gate with the G/T package!

I ordered it a couple weeks ago and got my VIN number right away so fingers crossed it will arrive by the end of the year!

Here's a pick of a '21 build as close to my specs as possible:
View attachment 105534
Welcome. If you'd like to be added to the 2022 tracking chart, please let me know the last 6 digits of your VIN (along with your official order date).

JP_Night18

Reaction score
Congrats! Your truck will also be awesome during the winter!

Users who are viewing this thread