5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member - New RAM Tradesman

bigwhttrk19dt

Reaction score
It took a while to find what I wanted - a basic truck to replace my 15yo Silverado ( still holding on to it - original owner )
I finally found a truck without all the "bells and whistles". Tradesman, Quad cab, 4wd, 5.7Hemi, Anti-spin, Trailer package with brake controller. Something to tow my '65 Belvedere Nostalgia drag car to cruise nights and maybe twice a year to a local drag strip. With electric windows, tow mirrors, cruise control, etc., I'm spoiled. Have added a Mopar skid plate under the transfer case, and will add the front skid plate.
I've seen the replacement Ram Air air intake/scoop in ads but have yet to find a Mopar part number, Plus with an MSRP of over $900 ( FCA should be able to pay for the tooling fairly quickly ) , it's stricltly aesthetics... mindful of the claim of increases in "potential" inprovements in efficiency, mileage,... it would take just short of forever. But it does look Kool !!!
Anyone aware of any recent issues with the roller lifters wiping out the cam (5.7Hemi) ? My dealer says it was corrected with a recall.

Attachments

• PA030045.JPG
    PA030045.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 18
  • PA030042 (2) - Copy.JPG
    PA030042 (2) - Copy.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 18

bigwhttrk19dt

Reaction score
Cool, whats that do down the strip?
When I found it , it had been sitting untouched for quite some time. The elderly gentlement ( 85yo ...I'm 73yo ) from whom I purchased it claimed it came from NC. It's relatively rust free. 1970 440 block, 906 heads, Mopar "Purple" cam. I recently added a 750cfm Brawler carb sitting on an Edelbrock RPM intake. , MSD billet Plug and play distributor, crankcase vent system. The frame has connectors. The rear springs are new hemi ( 6drvr side, 7 pass side ) with the addition of CalTrac bars. Hemi torsion bars.
I'm guessing in the 12-13sec range once it's dialed-in> I really just wanted a "noisy" cruise night car to bring attention to my " Cruisin' for a Cure" personal charity. I think I should stop as I'm getting outside of the RAM forum... but thank you for asking. Mopar guys of all ages can get carried away :)

Attachments

• P8230100.JPG
    P8230100.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 14
  • PA170005.JPG
    PA170005.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 15

Lize

Reaction score
Sounds the ticket and I don't think anyone will mind you getting carried away :D
Next time take photo without the jump leads :LOL:

Lize

Reaction score
Just been having a quick browse of the cruise' website, looks a good event.
I'd love a Fire Engine, very occasionally you see US ones for sale over here but other than shows what when could you actually use it!

Lize

Reaction score
I've just answered my own question - a flat bed :D
3 mins in on this video of the 20th annual show:

Doesn't really compare to your Tradesman though.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome. Nice ride. If you’re still within 60 days of your Ram purchase...:

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

bigwhttrk19dt

Reaction score
Welcome. Nice ride. If you’re still within 60 days of your Ram purchase...:

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf
Thank you for the rebate info. Indeed, I did do that, brought info on a 2005 Silverado which seemed to satisfy the requirement. Thanks once again . :)

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you for the rebate info. Indeed, I did do that, brought info on a 2005 Silverado which seemed to satisfy the requirement. Thanks once again . :)

just make sure what you did was for “bonus drive” and not the “conquest” rebate that most dealerships give you. You usually don’t see this at dealerships, this is a totally separate rebate. Even if you did a conquest rebate you can still do bonusdrive.

bigwhttrk19dt

Reaction score
just make sure what you did was for “bonus drive” and not the “conquest” rebate that most dealerships give you. You usually don’t see this at dealerships, this is a totally separate rebate. Even if you did a conquest rebate you can still do bonusdrive.
Thank you. Will double check this upcoming week :)

Users who are viewing this thread