5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New here, one issue...

Nj921

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just picked up a 19 black edition lone star/bighorn a week and a half ago. Coming from a 2017, I wasn’t expecting a huge difference, but i was wrong. Every aspect about this truck and how it drives is 100 times better. It’s smoother, and way quieter inside and i couldn’t be happier. However, i ran into one issue this morning... Both my front and rear parksense sensors went nuts. My dash lit up yellow and red and started chiming like i was simultaneously running into a wall in the front and back. Tried turning it off and back on, as well as the truck itself, but it still does it. It’s intermittent so i can’t pinpoint when or why. The truck is clean and the sensors are clean. Any input is appreciated!

19BlkRam

Reaction score
While mine isn’t acting up like yours I do hate this feature. I feel like it’s always sounding off and applying the brake unexpectedly, especially backing into a parking space.

Also hate when backing up the front sensors are going off when too close to a hedge/wall/car when it’s not the direction I am traveling in.

Good luck

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just picked up a 19 black edition lone star/bighorn a week and a half ago. Coming from a 2017, I wasn’t expecting a huge difference, but i was wrong. Every aspect about this truck and how it drives is 100 times better. It’s smoother, and way quieter inside and i couldn’t be happier. However, i ran into one issue this morning... Both my front and rear parksense sensors went nuts. My dash lit up yellow and red and started chiming like i was simultaneously running into a wall in the front and back. Tried turning it off and back on, as well as the truck itself, but it still does it. It’s intermittent so i can’t pinpoint when or why. The truck is clean and the sensors are clean. Any input is appreciated!
Bummer, but they’ll take care of you. Get thee to the service department! The more folks bring in these problems the more quickly they will be confirmed and fixed.

D

Deleted member 85

Welcome by the way! The info above will guide you to a solid resolution.

Nj921

Reaction score
Thanks everybody. I didn’t even think about it until now, but it’s a good thing i have the brake assist turned off! I’ll get it in to the dealer and see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread