5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New here but not to rams

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just bought a 2019 bighorn and thought I would jump on here and maybe learn the do's and don't's of the new body style. I've already bought and installed the rear inner fender liners thanks to this forum. By the way, my truck is 3 days old today. (Well since i bought it) 20190703_082142.jpg

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. If you have any other non FCA vehicle in the house....

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

chithead

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of 5thGenRams!!! That is a beautiful color - looks so good with the Sport Appearance Package!!!

Caballonegro

Reaction score
If mine wasn't Black, this is the color I would of got, Love it.

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
Makes for real good comparisons that way. You should be telling those of us new to RAM what you are finding is different/improved. (y)
Well it's hard to say, since what i might think is an improvement might just be something my last truck didnt have as an option. I will say im going to miss the led bed lighting my last big horn had. Oh and the radio's screen looks 100% more clear to me on the 2019. Also, the pocket above the glove box is smaller than my 2016, but the console is big enough to hide a kid in lol

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Well it's hard to say, since what i might think is an improvement might just be something my last truck didnt have as an option. I will say im going to miss the led bed lighting my last big horn had. Oh and the radio's screen looks 100% more clear to me on the 2019. Also, the pocket above the glove box is smaller than my 2016, but the console is big enough to hide a kid in lol
Hows the back up camera clarity, usb-c connections, and overall interior vs your last truck? Any diff in ride or payload? Since its the same drivetrain doubt you find anything there unless you changed gearing.

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
Hows the back up camera clarity, usb-c connections, and overall interior vs your last truck? Any diff in ride or payload? Since its the same drivetrain doubt you find anything there unless you changed gearing.

The backup camera seems to have better features to me. The collision lines seem to have been improved, but alot of it has to do with the fact that radio screen looks so much better. I cant comment on the usb connection because i only used bluetooth. The android auto compatibility with the 2019 changes that though. No need for navigation on the truck when you can just use it with android auto. The digital instrument cluster seems nice but its more of an aesthetics thing to me than any more functional than the one my 2016 had. I know my wife really likes the usb hub in the backseat. (She rides back there with our daughter sometimes). The electric fan is alot more noisy than I'm used to since my last one had a clutch fan. Is it just me or does the engine seem to move further and further under the firewall every year?

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
The backup camera seems to have better features to me. The collision lines seem to have been improved, but alot of it has to do with the fact that radio screen looks so much better. I cant comment on the usb connection because i only used bluetooth. The android auto compatibility with the 2019 changes that though. No need for navigation on the truck when you can just use it with android auto. The digital instrument cluster seems nice but its more of an aesthetics thing to me than any more functional than the one my 2016 had. I know my wife really likes the usb hub in the backseat. (She rides back there with our daughter sometimes). The electric fan is alot more noisy than I'm used to since my last one had a clutch fan. Is it just me or does the engine seem to move further and further under the firewall every year?
Thanks for the views. Any ride changes noticeable? Interior fit and finish?

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
Thanks for the views. Any ride changes noticeable? Interior fit and finish?
Well the ride seems comparable. The interior sounds louder from the exhaust. I know the active braking just slammed the brakes on in reverse a min ago for no reason.

Users who are viewing this thread