5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Guy

AndrewGS

Reaction score
Hi all, Andrew from Houston here. I had a chance to inspect a 2019 Ram recently and I was thoroughly impressed. I've always been a GM guy but recently started buying Fords. Both GM and Ford have been great, but this new Ram makes me want to give FCA a shot.

I built a Laramie Limited on the website and here she is.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Andrew, I think I recognize the username from GMI. Glad to have you over here, thats a nice configuration as well.
1f606.png

AndrewGS

Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
Hey Andrew, I think I recognize the username from GMI. Glad to have you over here, thats a nice configuration as well.
1f606.png
Yep, same AndrewGS! What's your GMI user name?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I was on there years ago as Mineral02, something happened where they lost their database or something and my username and account disappeared. By that time the site had already in my opinion started to deteriorate after switching hands and the loss of NSAP so I've kind of just lurked around every now and then.

AndrewGS

Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
I was on there years ago as Mineral02, something happened where they lost their database or something and my username and account disappeared. By that time the site had already in my opinion started to deteriorate after switching hands and the loss of NSAP so I've kind of just lurked around every now and then.
Yeah, I pretty much left completely in 2012. I was very active for years but it went to hell. Had a good run though. I'm friends with a bunch of us GMI old-timers on Facebook. I'm AndrewGSTX over there if you'd like to add me.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
(see attachment)

The actual Lone Star Sport at the DFW Auto Show.

Attachments

• pasted-from-clipboard.png
    pasted-from-clipboard.png
    890.1 KB · Views: 81

AndrewGS

Reaction score
Well, after a year and a half I'm a 5th gen owner! I went back and forth on configurations and color combinations for a loooong time, but ended up in a Delmonico Red Laramie Level 1 with chrome. I think it's the best bang for the buck model out there, and it looks really good IMO. I was originally going to get 4WD but decided it was completely unnecessary for where and how I drive and would just end up being wasted money. I happened to find a truck locally that was on the lot at a good price so I went for it.

20190725-145407.jpg

20190725-145253.jpg

20190724-160133.jpg

20190716-124158.jpg

I'm adding the Mopar power running boards and have already done a muffler swap to a Borla XR-1, leaving the stock resonators in place. I also plan to add a Line-X liner, factory bed lamps, chrome tow hooks and the factory trailer brake controller.

Here are some videos of the exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread