5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New guy here!

Yonko

Reaction score
We don't own a RAM, yet. We did recently purchase a 2020 Challenger R/T. We're thinking about trading our FX4 of a Rebel... Just not sure if we should?

Yonko

Reaction score
The reason for my apprehension stems from shifting issues that I'm experiencing with our Challenger R/T.

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Just sold my 20 Ford Raptor for a new Ram, very pleased. And as @SpeedyV said, we will only offer unbiased opinions :cool: .

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What are the shifting issues you are experiencing with your Challenger? While it is similar to what's in the Ram (assuming you have an automatic), it isn't the same model.

RossoWheelson

Reaction score
Get a Chevy Colorado. Lots of shifting issues on my 2018 work truck. Will put your Challenger issues to shame. I had a partial harness failure that left me sputtering for a gear while going 60 on a busy freeway merge. That got fixed but still gives a random downshift lurch.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've been seriously impressed with our Ram's transmission. Smooth, precise shifts, both up and down, and I've never felt it hunting for gears. I consider it a major plus for these trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread