5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Guy From NJ That Ordered a '25 Rebel

RonsSRT1

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Ron from NJ and I ordered my hydro blue Rebel in May. The options I ordered are the monotone paint, luxury leather red bucket seats/interior, advanced safety group 2, technology group, 33 gallon tank, air suspension, bed utility group (I really only wanted the spray in bed liner), tonneau cover, sunroof, black side steps, trailer brake control and Rebel 2 equipment group. I'm really not going to tow with the truck so I didnt think it was necessary for me to get the towing tech group or the trailer tow group. It sat on the restricted list until May 13th then went to BA status. From there it went to D on June 14th, then to D1 on July 2nd, E, F and G on July 26th, I, J and JB on July 29th where it currently sits. I have an estimated delivery date of October 9th. This is my first Ram that I've ordered but I ordered my SRT Challenger back in 2013, got it two months later and that came from Canada on a truck, train and back to a truck again. I'm just curious, I saw a video where they do an estimated 500 trucks a day installing these extra's (bed liner, decals, side steps, tie down rails and tonneau cover). Does it really take that long to install? I know there are loads of trucks infront of mine but having these extra's installed, do those extra's really push my delivery back a month and a half after it was built before I pick it up from the dealer?

Nick57

Reaction score
I ordered my truck in early Jan back in 21 with a lot of the same options as yours. I received my truck at the end of March. So I waited over 3 months to get mine back then. I don't think things have gotten any better since then. It seams like that's the new normal from my experience anyways.

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
Greetings from a fellow New Jersey Ram owner! I'll be looking forward to seeing your new blue Rebel this fall on the Garden State Parkway!

Mine was ordered on 12/1/20 and it came in 3/29/21 so yeah, that doesn't sound too far off. Mine was in "built, but waiting for additional options" phase for about 4 weeks. I was also told that that was probably the added options such as the bed utility group.

As far as why I ordered my truck, I couldn't find a diesel that wasn't a fully loaded limited or a bare bones work truck. I also wanted the 6'4" bed Crew Cab, and that wasn't too common especially with the ecodiesel! I was a bit wary about making a deal when the truck wasn't even built yet, but my salesman was true to his word and I paid the same price that we shook hands on about 4 months later when the truck showed up.

RonsSRT1

Reaction score
SO what made you guys order a truck as opposed to just going to a dealer? What is the benefit?

I knew what I wanted inside the truck and since I'm really not going to tow with it, I didn't want certain options that I would really never use. The options I did want, most of the dealers don't have so the only way to get what I wanted was to just order it. I knew I didnt want cloth seats and most hydro blue Rebels in NJ have the red accents with cloth seating, so I ordered the upgraded leather seats. It's also nice to have your name on the window sticker, hopefully they still do that. "This Vehicle Was Built Especially For ...... ......." My current lease is up in June of '25, so whenever my truck does come in, I'll be rolling over the equity I do have in it, over to my new Rebel. That's going to be a lease also but I do plan on buying it out at the end, unless it turns out to be a lemon.

Last edited:

RonsSRT1

Reaction score
Greetings from a fellow New Jersey Ram owner! I'll be looking forward to seeing your new blue Rebel this fall on the Garden State Parkway!

Mine was ordered on 12/1/20 and it came in 3/29/21 so yeah, that doesn't sound too far off. Mine was in "built, but waiting for additional options" phase for about 4 weeks. I was also told that that was probably the added options such as the bed utility group.
Funny that you say, you'll be looking forward to seeing my blue Rebel this fall on the Garden State Parkway. I work for the Parkway in Clifton, lol. I mostly wanted a pickup because I plow snow and though I don't drive to work or from work in the snow, I do drive home after the storm is over and some of the roads that get me home aren't as great as the Parkway is after it's been plowed. If you're ever up north and you see a guy on a tractor cutting grass with his hat backwards and wearing a pair of dark black sunglasses in the Clifton/Nutley/Montclair area, it's most likely me. Even my tractor is blue, lol.

I'm ok with the truck "waiting for extra parts" to be installed for 4 weeks after it's been built, it's already been 2 weeks already since I got my "in production" email. That'd mean that sometime after next week my truck should be ready to go and I'll be able to see a window sticker and build sheet online. I have no patience at all, I'm really shocked I've lasted this long waiting. All I want to see is some progress and that it's moving forward.

Users who are viewing this thread