5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Guy From CNY

CNYRamGuy34

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just wanted to stop in a say hi. My name is Joe, I'm from Central NY and I just picked up a very lightly used (5k miles) 2021 Black 1500 Bighorn Night edition 4x4, I traded in my 2016 Ram 1500 Sport Night edition 4x4 on it. I've owned a bunch of Dakota's in the past so fair to say I'm a pretty big Mopar fan. I did mix in a Nissan Titan in the middle but it was too good of deal to pass on. I have to say my first impression of my new 2021 is the LED headlights... wow are they 10x better than the halogen ones in my 2016! The 12" touchscreen is also pretty sweet, truck came with reverse trailer steering controls which I'm a little unsure about. I have been towing trailers for years, so I'm not sure if its something I will ever use but def a neat feature. I had the Alpine premium sound in my 2016 but the premium sound in this one blows that one away. Only thing I can say I miss from my 2016 is the under seat storage compartment in the rear, it was the perfect place for a tow strap and some jumper cables. Other than that I'm pretty happy! Truck came with a level kit, either a muffler swap or a full catback exhaust (I haven't crawled under the truck to look yet but it's def not stock), a hard backflip tonneau cover and some brand new BF Goodrich KO2 tires.

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! Do some digging, there are several options available for under seat storage solutions out there. Several members have also built their own solutions to suit their liking.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome Joe,
Sounds like you purchased a really nice 2021 Ram. I'm from East Amherst, New York which is a suburb of Buffalo. Many, many, many years ago (in the late 1960's) I dated a girl in undergraduate college that was from Rome, NY. :love:

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! Great truck, looks like you will be able to try out the 4wd this weekend. 🥶

Users who are viewing this thread