5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Guy (almost, ORDER IN!)

jives

Reaction score
Just placed an order for a 2022 Rebel GT (full details below). Ordered on 2/18 and there is a a VIN assigned now and status "D"... of course my "no big deal I'm not in a rush" has immediately turned into... "how in the world do I keep myself from torturing the dealer asking for updates daily"

I'm mildly bewildered if I'm getting ventilated seats or not, I've seen lots of commentary on youtube and such that says the 2022 GT package includes it but it's not explicitely listed in the real build sheet. I went with most options other than aggressively avoiding air suspension (maybe I'm old school but seems like a thing to break and also a headache if I want to do my own aftermarket suspension upgrades) and the factory running board/nerf bar option didn't elate me so I'm planning an aftermarket option there as well.

I honestly toyed with a TRX but I need more utility than that truck offers. Awesome truck to be sure but pretty "baja truck" specific when it comes to suspension, load and towing handling.

Finally... WTF is the "RAM tow assist" option for $195? I didn't order it because I couldn't figure out what the hell it was.

Build Specs here:

Looking forward to engaging more with the community here which I've been reading for a few weeks.

-Josh

Haulin192rbs

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I asked the dealer about "ram tow assist" they said it was just a tow strap in a tote bag or something. Didn't seem worth it to me..

Yangster

Reaction score

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. If you have your VIN, you can register it on the tracker here.

I assume you're watching the 2022 build tracking on other threads. If not, let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

jives

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. If you have your VIN, you can register it on the tracker here.

I assume you're watching the 2022 build tracking on other threads. If not, let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.
Oh this is great - if you can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh this is great - if you can point me in the right direction that would be great.
Ok, I see that you have submitted your VIN. In a day or two, you'll show up on the tracker here:

And keep an eye on the daily announcements in this thread (link is to today's announcement):

You can find a little more info on the process at this thread:

jives

Reaction score
Ok, I see that you have submitted your VIN. In a day or two, you'll show up on the tracker here:

And keep an eye on the daily announcements in this thread (link is to today's announcement):

You can find a little more info on the process at this thread:
Really great info here I just had this response from Ram Chat:

The Ram is in the scheduling stage with parts gathered and it's waiting for the build to start. At this time we do not have an estimate for when that will start, so I'd recommend contacting back in four to five weeks for a new update check, but we are available 24/7 if you do want to contact back sooner.

I asked them if that meant it was "D1" and they said they "can't see codes just statuses" which seemed a little weird.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Really great info here I just had this response from Ram Chat:

The Ram is in the scheduling stage with parts gathered and it's waiting for the build to start. At this time we do not have an estimate for when that will start, so I'd recommend contacting back in four to five weeks for a new update check, but we are available 24/7 if you do want to contact back sooner.

I asked them if that meant it was "D1" and they said they "can't see codes just statuses" which seemed a little weird.
Yeah, they refuse to say a code. But you can ask your dealer for an updated POC (Priced Order Confirmation). It will show you the code, along with an estimated ship date (if you're in D1 status).

ben b

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Jives!

If you are like 99% of the rest of us who order (including me), you are now in for weeks of looking for tiny scraps of info that tell you that your RAM is a little closer to your driveway. It takes forever for the truck to arrive, but all that is forgotten on the day you drive it home. You won't regret getting exactly what you wanted.

jives

Reaction score
Got an update from the dealer this am (proactive I didn’t even have to bug them!)
Status is now D1 with a ship date of 3/4/2022.

Is it actually possible this thing arrives before the end of March!?

chitlins89

Reaction score
Got an update from the dealer this am (proactive I didn’t even have to bug them!)

I have a ship date of 3march and Ram emailed me an estimated arrival date during the week of 4 April. I’m in CT, I’m. You can search Ram delivery every time and there is a chart that shows delivery times.

chitlins89

Reaction score

I have a ship date of 3march and Ram emailed me an estimated arrival date during the week of 4 April. I’m in CT, I’m. You can search Ram delivery time and there is a chart that shows delivery times.

jhduca

Reaction score
I think I put my vin in correctly…now to wait a couple days to see results!

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score

For $75,000 I sure hope it has ventilated seats lol.. holy moly! 😂. Looks like a nice build congrats.
How did you submit your truck a week ago and your in D1 and have a delivery date already? I’ve seen some trucks come pretty fast but have never seen a truck ordered and a week later it is in D1? Most trucks are 3-4
Months right now.

Users who are viewing this thread