5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New from the Netherlands

Dirkm5

Reaction score
A new member from the Netherlands here.

After owning 2 F150s I am waiting for my new RAM 1500 for delivery in the first week of Januari 2020. I will use my RAM only for work and do about 70.000 Miles a year. The RAM will be converted to LPG because of the fuel prices in Europe.

I hope to find a lot of information here and be able to do my contribution to the forum.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome, which version did you get since you’ll only need it for work and do that many miles ?

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. How involved is it to convert to LPG? Will it be done where you are purchasing the Ram or do you have to take it somewhere else?

Dirkm5

Reaction score
Thank for you for having me here.

I bought a Laramie with besides from Air suspension al the options. With the 5.7 Hemi.

It is very common to do a LPG conversion in the Netherlands. You can get the LPG RAM direct from the dealer or have it converted elsewere. I choose for the last option because I want the biggest possible tank. I will have 400L, or 105Gallons in the bed of the truck. The gastank stays original.
The engine gets a new injection system and computer which alows the engine to run on both fuels.
Fuel consumption will rise about 20% but the price of LPG is less then half of the price of gas here.

Dynamite

Reaction score
Welcome glad to have you here... :)

Please post some pics when you get it... I also heard about that LPG System before its used at Mexico because of the same high fuel prices.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Hi Greetings from Antwerp in Belgium.

I think that what we pay for LPG a liter, people in the US pay for petrol. We can only dream of the American all time high prices as it is still only about 1 euro a liter while we have to pay 2 euros a liter for 95 octane petrol.

But Dirk, I also have a cilindertank in the bed, which is 200 liter. So about 180 to 185 liters of usable volume. Do you have 2 200 liter tanks in the bed?

Cause I am considering, by next maintenance, to add a ringtank of 122 liter, so about 100 liter of usable volume in place of the spare tire.

I also have the normal 98 liter (26 gallon) fuel tank. I asked for the big tank but they don't install it by the AEC versions cause in the EU almost everyone uses LPG.

Dirkm5

Reaction score
I did have 2 200L tanks in the bed on the first RAM. On the second and the new one I have 1 200L tank and 1 230L tank in the bed. Gives me around 2000km distance with the trailer behind the truck.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I did have 2 200L tanks in the bed on the first RAM. On the second and the new one I have 1 200L tank and 1 230L tank in the bed. Gives me around 2000km distance with the trailer behind the truck.
I assume you have no more storage space in the bed or do you have a closed back (huif) so you can still put things on top of the tanks? Will you or can you also add a ringtank in the place of the spare wheel?

curious to see a picture of your setup

Users who are viewing this thread