5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New from Omaha

Vanguard27

Reaction score
Hi All,

About 2 weeks ago, I traded in my 2016 Bighorn for this beautiful 2019 Bighorn.. Then Prompty drove it to New Orleans and got on a Cruise ship for a week.. So, I have had it for two weeks, and it has 2300 miles on it...:)

5.7 Hemi With eTorque
Sport Package
Level 2 Equipment
LED Light Package
Blind Spot/Cross Path
3.92 Rear End
Anti-Spin Rear Diff
and the Trailer Brake Control

Got a great deal on it. the one odd thing that I wan't sure about was why does it have 18 inch wheels with the sport package, is that just a bighorn thing?

Thanks all!

Attachments

• 2019 Ram.jpg
    2019 Ram.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Great looking truck. Others have posted about the 18" on the BH Sport package. As long as the window sticker shows them as what came with the truck, you got what you paid for. The online configuration tool is notoriously inaccurate.

Vanguard27

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Great looking truck. Others have posted about the 18" on the BH Sport package. As long as the window sticker shows them as what came with the truck, you got what you paid for. The online configuration tool is notoriously inaccurate.

Well, damn, then, let me break out the old search and figure it out.. they aren't on the Window sticker, so I guess I am shopping for new wheels.. and tires...:)
And Thank you!

sgk

Reaction score
HI Vanguard, welcome onboard, so how were your first 2300 miles? was it worth the upgrade from 16'? and what ship did you go on?

Vanguard27

Reaction score
HI Vanguard, welcome onboard, so how were your first 2300 miles? was it worth the upgrade from 16'? and what ship did you go on?

2300 miles were Easy and Smooth, I have noticed a clunk on the floorboard when turning right sometimes , I saw some other posts about that, and was going to check it out tonight.

Otherwise, very easy, 5 people in the truck lots of room, lots of plugins for phones and chargers... and my 10 year old didn't spill anything! (Miracle in itself)

Way worth the upgrade from the 16... the differences that I have noticed

Pros
Much lighter steering
More room in the back (both trucks were Crew Cabs)
Love Android Auto ..:)
MPG was about 1.5 better than the 2016 on the highway.
LED's are way better than the old Quads I had on the 16

Cons
The exhaust has a tendency to drone at about 1450 rpm on the new truck
Liked the 26 gallon tank from the '16 opposed to the 23 that's on my '19

We were on the Carnival Dream, for 7 days..:)

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Welcome, The best thing for these trucks is to drive them, Sounds like you had a great time. On the "Clunk" that seems to be an issue many people are having we are expecting FCA to issue a TSB detailing a fix . There is an active Tread on the forums.

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
Well hey there. I'm from Lincoln. Which dealership did you buy from? I ordered my 19 from Steffy's in Fremont on advice from multiple friends with Rams.

Hope you enjoy the new ride and get your clunk solved, along with everyone else who has it.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome. Glad to hear the truck got you off to your cruise and was comfortable for the whole family.

As you have already seen, the sport package on the Bighorn is just what the sport package used to be...body color theme.

The Laramie sport package gives some extra goodies.

Great looking truck though. Once again the white looks real good on the 5th Gen

Thanks for joining us

Vanguard27

Reaction score
Well hey there. I'm from Lincoln. Which dealership did you buy from? I ordered my 19 from Steffy's in Fremont on advice from multiple friends with Rams.

Hope you enjoy the new ride and get your clunk solved, along with everyone else who has it.

I actually got mine from Reed in St Joe, they made my first 4 payments... (not deferred, Made...:)

Users who are viewing this thread