5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New for 2022 - Owner's Pics

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where/who did you sell them to?
A gentleman in the Chicago area. Shipping was a little bit of a pain, but got 'em there in great shape and the guy was happy.

Regenerative braking with etorque does not drag the brakes, it actually has nothing to do with the brake system. The etorque generator produces engine braking by loading the generator which creates engine braking. This only occurs when you are braking and below 25 mph.
You were right though, my apologies, I had read some bad info, it does not drag the brakes at all.

The eTorque motor does its thing, but it does regenerate from the brakes below 25 MPH as you say, so technically it does have something to do with the brakes. ;)

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A gentleman in the Chicago area. Shipping was a little bit of a pain, but got 'em there in great shape and the guy was happy.

You were right though, my apologies, I had read some bad info, it does not drag the brakes at all.

The eTorque motor does its thing, but it does regenerate from the brakes below 25 MPH as you say, so technically it does have something to do with the brakes. ;)
Trans brake

Users who are viewing this thread