5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New for 2022 - Owner's Pics

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do they make them in Firestone Destination A/T 2 in the 22's? I've had EXCELLENT experience with the previous version in the past.
They're on my short list too, actually! Them and the Terra Grappler's.

Would you take them over Defender's?

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, thats the regenerative braking feature. Helps charge the system by lightly dragging the brakes whenever you're not on the gas (or cruise control), basically. It comes with the eTorque system.

This is why I sold my 22" rims/tires and put on 18" units from a Rebel instead. Ride is a bit nicer, more tire options, and I have a lot more sidewall for when I do hit potholes/curbs/etc. and do light off-roading/trails.
Where/who did you sell them to?

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
They're on my short list too, actually! Them and the Terra Grappler's.

Would you take them over Defender's?
I would. The solid center rib helps with ride, wear, and noise especially. They stand up to gravel really well and don't throw a lot of it. Snow and mud traction respectable for "normal " usage. I really like them and would recommend them.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would. The solid center rib helps with ride, wear, and noise especially. They stand up to gravel really well and don't throw a lot of it. Snow and mud traction respectable for "normal " usage. I really like them and would recommend them.
There was another dude in a thread I started specifically about this that seemed really into them as well. Seen lots of good reviews on them too.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
There was another dude in a thread I started specifically about this that seemed really into them as well. Seen lots of good reviews on them too.
I wish they still offered the original version. They looked cooler tread design wise and I think they were even better but tire manufacturers have to keep changing them from time to time and the molds get worn out. The Fuel Siege wheels I have are shoe'd with them and even with about 20,000 miles they hardly look worn. Good chance I'm going to throw those on this truck too.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's the gear ratio, not eTorque. I got to drive an eTorque 3.92 back to back with a normal 5.7 3.92 and the acceleration was the same. The only difference I noticed is the eTorque slows the truck down like a Jake Brake when you let off the gas.

Not true, etorque regenerative braking only occurs when your braking and below 25 mph.

BowDown

Reaction score
Yup, thats the regenerative braking feature. Helps charge the system by lightly dragging the brakes whenever you're not on the gas (or cruise control), basically. It comes with the eTorque system.

This is why I sold my 22" rims/tires and put on 18" units from a Rebel instead. Ride is a bit nicer, more tire options, and I have a lot more sidewall for when I do hit potholes/curbs/etc. and do light off-roading/trails.

Regenerative braking with etorque does not drag the brakes, it actually has nothing to do with the brake system. The etorque generator produces engine braking by loading the generator which creates engine braking. This only occurs when you are braking and below 25 mph.

Rain brake support (RBS) drags the brakes occasionally only in wet conditions to dry the brakes

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Not true, etorque regenerative braking only occurs when your braking and below 25 mph.
Okay, I'll take your word for it. I just remember it slowing down unusually fast when I let off the gas.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, at least it was a dead-on impact/chip and isn't showing any sign of turning into a crack. That'd be way worse. Safelite is coming out Wednesday to fix it up (free with Geico). The firstiest of first world problems lol.

Last edited:

BowDown

Reaction score
Okay, I'll take your word for it. I just remember it slowing down unusually fast when I let off the gas.

That's probably your gears.
Mine coasts down normally, etorque regen doesn't engage unless the foot brake is applied or you're driving really slowly. I believe I've felt it when coasting under 20 mph in a neighborhood but when coasting on the highway, not at all

BowDown

Reaction score
So here's a nice picture for you guys, check this out. First drive into work with my brand new truck.

View attachment 109693

:ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

I can't even be mad, it just figures.

Happened to me too. Get to a glass repair shop ASAP while its still a bullseye.
I don't know if its Ram glass or all glass today but mine started exactly like yours. Within in 1 day, a crack started at the bullseye and by day two had run up the windshield. Had I fixed it that day, I probably could have saved the windshield but I didn't see the bullseye till the crack formed, had to get a new windshield which was a 3 month wait

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's probably your gears.
Mine coasts down normally, etorque regen doesn't engage unless the foot brake is applied or you're driving really slowly. I believe I've felt it when coasting under 20 mph in a neighborhood but when coasting on the highway, not at all
Yeah, what I'm discovering if that the 3.92's on my Ram are a lot like "Sport" mode was in my JGC. Doesn't like to drop gears so it continues to give you more on-demand torque.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Happened to me too. Get to a glass repair shop ASAP while its still a bullseye.
I don't know if its Ram glass or all glass today but mine started exactly like yours. Within in 1 day, a crack started at the bullseye and by day two had run up the windshield. Had I fixed it that day, I probably could have saved the windshield but I didn't see the bullseye till the crack formed, had to get a new windshield which was a 3 month wait
I know, that's happened to me before as well. I have to drive back home today, and then to and from work tomorrow, then Safelite is coming Wednesday morning.

I can't get home in time today and it's supposed to rain by me tomorrow so Wednesday is the earliest I can do it.

BowDown

Reaction score
Yeah, what I'm discovering if that the 3.92's on my Ram are a lot like "Sport" mode was in my JGC. Doesn't like to drop gears so it continues to give you more on-demand torque.

The 3.21 trucks do it to, annoying; upshift already. Any acceleration above 1/2 throttle then let off, the truck stays in the same gear like you've manually chosen that gear, wish it'd upshift

BowDown

Reaction score
I know, that's happened to me before as well. I have to drive back home today, and then to and from work tomorrow, then Safelite is coming Wednesday morning.

I can't get home in time today and it's supposed to rain by me tomorrow so Wednesday is the earliest I can do it.

Mine happened last May when it was hot, I think the glass heating and cooling caused my crack to form.

BowDown

Reaction score
Yes, new for this year, not sure if it's standard on all trims or just certain ones.

Nice, I like that. Congrats on the new truck, you'll love it.
I bought mine in July of last year and the newness hasn't worn off for me yet, awesome truck

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/