5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New center console, now have key Fob not detected message

ScottR

Reaction score
I bought a center console off EBay and did the swap yesterday from a bench seat..Everything worked great . Now today no matter what key fob I use I get the “ key Fob not detected “ message and I have to touch my Fob to the button to start it. Does anyone know if there is something in the dash/ console area I may have cut or unhooked? It started fine last night when I tested the USB ports on the console. I do have LED lights but we’re not cheap one and have had them in for months with no issues.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry , I can’t think of anything in the centre console that would affect starting but maybe someone that knows more than me will chime in .

All_Black_Lone_Star

Reaction score
Nothing in the center console but if you disconnected the battery to install this sometimes occurs. Simply touch the start button with the actual key fob and it should be good to go.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
You do have 2(i think, 1 for sure) Passive entry and keyless-start antennas in the center console.
Probably missing/unplugged in the new one.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Might be a pain but put everything back the way it was. If the error continues then you eliminate the new console.

ScottR

Reaction score
You do have 2(i think, 1 for sure) Passive entry and keyless-start antennas in the center console.

I’m not sure , every Wire clip that was in the consile got hooked up ,there was one clip that was on the dash behind the USBs that I did not have a plug for but everything worked except the key fob. I will pull it back out a look, thank you For confirming there is something in there.

ScottR

Reaction score

Thank you very much I found the problem! Now I have to try to figure out how to fix it. One of the wires broke when I pulled the plastic housing out to get to the rear mounting bracket ( I knew I shouldn’t have been lazy and just pulled the seats to make it easier to get too) . Because it broke so close to the connector I will have to buy the harness and cut the the wires for this clip to have room to splice it back together. Unless anyone knows how to take these clips off? There is only about an 1/8” showing on the clip and I can’t even get in to strip it so I could try to solder it.Thanks again!

Attachments

• 8E669D81-C0C6-4687-9623-CAE6D3EB60D1.jpeg
    8E669D81-C0C6-4687-9623-CAE6D3EB60D1.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 44

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you very much I found the problem! Now I have to try to figure out how to fix it. One of the wires broke when I pulled the plastic housing out to get to the rear mounting bracket ( I knew I shouldn’t have been lazy and just pulled the seats to make it easier to get too) . Because it broke so close to the connector I will have to buy the harness and cut the the wires for this clip to have room to splice it back together. Unless anyone knows how to take these clips off? There is only about an 1/8” showing on the clip and I can’t even get in to strip it so I could try to solder it.Thanks again!
Yeah that sucks bro...
I'd try and find a way to fix it, it's just a simple connector...
If you can't find a solution, @Jimmy07 can definitely help you with this connection harness. He has them ready to ship.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Very easy to repair correctly. These are the wire terminals For that connector- https://www.digikey.com/product-det...amp-connectors/1355717-1/A126703CT-ND/7690341
Cut the other wire from the connector. Extract the old terminals from the connector. Crimp the new terminals onto the fresh cut wires, and reinstall them.

ScottR

Reaction score

ScottR

Reaction score
That’s exactly what i did and everything works now. Thank you
Well actually I pulled the old terminals out and soldered new wires to what was left of the old wires but same concept!

Users who are viewing this thread