5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Cab on HD's?

RAM999

Reaction score
So I searched this forum and the internet, can't find an answer and wondering if anyone has heard.

When will the 2500's get a new cab vs. the carry over? I have a 2019 1500 and love it, would prefer the newer cab as well if upgrading. Thanks

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There was an article or video and the guess is that *IF* there is going to be a new cab it will be 2022 or so....

RAM999

Reaction score
There was an article or video and the guess is that *IF* there is going to be a new cab it will be 2022 or so....

Thank you, Sir. Had searched for half a day, guess I missed that one somewhere.

KLSU

Reaction score
So I searched this forum and the internet, can't find an answer and wondering if anyone has heard.

When will the 2500's get a new cab vs. the carry over? I have a 2019 1500 and love it, would prefer the newer cab as well if upgrading. Thanks

DevilDodge seems to think the fully redesigned Ram 2500 will be revealed mid to late 2021 for 2022 but no details on cab changes or anything else as of now.

Try 5th Gen sister site for HD Rams

Last edited:

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
DevilDodge seems to think the fully redesigned Ram 2500 will be revealed mid to late 2021 for 2022 but no details on cab changes or anything else as of now.

Try 5th Gen sister site for HD Rams

Pretty sure he revised that to be 2022-2032 time frame. In other words, if you're waiting.. you need to be content waiting a long time. The Classics are still being built at the factory that needs to be retooled to build new 2500 cabs., FCA is still make gobs of money off of them and the last statement appeared to indicate they're going to keep building the Classics until they restart a Dakota-ish line because they can price the full-size Classics to compete with the light duties from other manufacturers.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2032 was sarcasm. 2022 was a reliable number for model year...debuting January 2021.

Unfortunately or fortunately they had to stay in Mexico and didn't get the HD trucks back to the US.

I stated 2032, because if the HD sells more than expected like the 1500, you may see them just keep on keeping on.

2022 is to be the redesign for the 1500 and the all new HD was to come with it.

FCA has many irons in the fire right now, and although the wait sucks, it will be worth it I am sure.

I am holding off for the possibility of a new Gasser. Otherwise I would have a 2019 right now. I wouldn't be buying a truck trim that would benefit from the new cab and with a family of 5 (18,12,6) the Crew Cab is plenty big enough for us.

Users who are viewing this thread