5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW BUYERS BEWARE - SERVICE FROM RAM ON THESE VEHICLES IS TERRIBLE !!!! THEY KEEP YOU WAITING TO MAKE A DECISION TO REPAIR !!

yellowboy

Reaction score
I was having some issues with controls and my dealer told me a need a new radio/control head. So they replace it and now the second one is worse. Then they tell me I need a third one. A few days after that they said no third one, we need to program the second one and they screwed that one up even worse. I have no satellite radio, when I put an address in navigation I get TWO different women telling me directions, (one talks feet, the other miles) the horn honks when you lock the door either from the fob or vehicle even when you only press once. So they tell me agian I need a third radio, but RAM won't approve it until they think it over ! So I contact Ram Cares, they open a case and when the woman contacts me she says they can't do anything until a decision is made on the third radio !! I am ready to call a Lemon layer, it has been in 4 times for this, pretyy much fed up with RAM BS.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah...sounds like the dealer is just throwing parts at it. I would try a different dealer if it happens again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
By far the most disappointing thing about Ram is the dealership experience, more specifically the service department.... or should I say "lack of" service department. I don't remember it sucking this much a couple years ago when I had a 4th Gen

Adams2123

Reaction score
I'd definitely try a new dealer. Unless you want out of the truck and want to go the Lemon Law route (varies by state.) My Silverado got Lemon'd completely because of the dealer.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
By far the most disappointing thing about Ram is the dealership experience, more specifically the service department.... or should I say "lack of" service department. I don't remember it sucking this much a couple years ago when I had a 4th Gen

Oh it has always sucked. If it were just good they would have the best selling truck by far.

yellowboy

Reaction score
Well had to make 4 calls before I got a call back today (the last two calls were to the gm ) Going in tomorrow they said they have to do another update and disconnect all antennas and connections. That will be my last trip .

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Hope that you get it resolved soon.
And speaking of gyms, here in NC our governor is “allowing” gyms to reopen at 30% capacity starting Friday. So nice of him.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
made you click on the message thread didn't it? LOL
Poor way to communicate it. You'd think RAM had sold the design for the hemi to Ferd or something by all the caps usage...
Edit: Not trying to be mean but it is usually seen as “shouting” and in poor taste. Maybe his caps lock key was accidentally pushed, its happened to me before.
I wouldn’t use all caps unless I was announcing that I had won the mega-millions 1 Billion dollar grand prize lottery and had bought out Kernersville and Koonz RAM dealers in order to give away 2020 trucks to all of the deserving forum members...

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User_3336

Why did you quote me? I wasn't the one complaining about the caps.

Poor way to communicate it. You'd think RAM had sold the design for the hemi to Ferd or something by all the caps usage...
Edit: Not trying to be mean but it is usually seen as “shouting” and in poor taste. Maybe his caps lock key was accidentally pushed, its happened to me before.
I wouldn’t use all caps unless I was announcing that I had won the mega-millions 1 Billion dollar grand prize lottery and had bought out Kernersville and Koonz RAM dealers in order to give away 2020 trucks to all of the deserving forum members...

MassHoleRam

Reaction score
The funny thing is what happens when they start selling the Grand Wagoneer?? You think someone that buys a premium luxury vehicle is going to be okay with the absolute crap service departments???? The Ram service is what stops them from taking more sales.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
To me capital letters just emphasize the point that you’re trying to get across, I don’t know where this yelling theory came from! Someone made it up I guess
Not to belabor but it looks “off” as compared to plain sized text, IMHO.. im on another forum where a person uses caps lock for everything. Now that really makes it hard to read.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have to agree that poor customer service is a main driving force behind the loss of loyalty or failure to return to the brand. But as bad as CDJR dealers might be (and if you judge just by the stories in here, it is) I've had to go through six Chevrolet, two Ford, one Nissan, and one Toyota dealer before I found the best dealer I've ever had for service, which is the one I have now.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 039377 miles.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I have to agree that poor customer service is a main driving force behind the loss of loyalty or failure to return to the brand. But as bad as CDJR dealers might be (and if you judge just by the stories in here, it is) I've had to go through six Chevrolet, two Ford, one Nissan, and one Toyota dealer before I found the best dealer I've ever had for service, which is the one I have now.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 039377 miles.
Agree. WhileI personally have not experienced much in the way of poor dealer service I will say that with Ferd it was 50/50 as far as them being aware of forum discussed F150 or other of their cars’ issues.

I may be wrong but I’d have thought a service manager or rep might occasionally look on the forums to see what the really busy topics were and why. Just sayin’ what I’d do if it were me.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree. WhileI personally have not experienced much in the way of poor dealer service I will say that with Ferd it was 50/50 as far as them being aware of forum discussed F150 or other of their cars’ issues.

I may be wrong but I’d have thought a service manager or rep might occasionally look on the forums to see what the really busy topics were and why. Just sayin’ what I’d do if it were me.
Most of the service managers I've known are either too busy performing their duties responsibly or too concentrated on the P&L to take time out to listen to forum discussions. The remaining few just didn't care enough.

We know that Ram at least listens.

As far as the original poster's issue, I would speculate that the request for a third one on the same vehicle has justifiably generated some discussion between the fulfilment folks and the dealers warranty person. This is a very expensive item, plus labor, and I would want to know if the diagnostic procedures were followed and a proper determination was completed. If the old unit goes back and is determined to be operating correctly, the dealers service dept. owns it and all the labor.

There is nothing unusual about this situation in the industry. I have a neighbor who has been waiting for three weeks for a new transmission for his new F-150.

Best regards,
Dusty

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Yes, there were Ferds that had issues that took weeks and weeks to resolve reported on their forums.
As you said, the dealership can “own” or eat all the time and parts if Ferd denies the claim. Since the service department is a profit center and is responsible to show a profit, its manager is under the gun there to the owner.
Now if an owner thought about all the good or ill will that great or poor service generates, along with the power of social media, he might approach things differently.

Users who are viewing this thread