5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New and Very Proud Truck Owner

HMC8403

Reaction score
I have been a loyal Jeep owner for some time now. My 2017 GC Summit was approaching 36k miles and was researching an extended warranty when somehow I started reading up on the 2019 Ram 1500. I really don't have any need for a pickup other than renting an open trailer from uHaul several times a year to shop at Menards or Home Depot for projects at home. After seeing the 15% of MSRP rebate I made up my mind.

After some research I picked the must have options: Ivory Tri-coat & Black interior (same as my Jeep), body-color bumper (not a fan of chrome), 12" display, RamBox, Spray-in liner, and 22" wheels. Since I am a city dweller I was on the fence with the engine size and axle ratio. Luckily there were not a lot of 3.7LT in the midwest to choose from, I think I would have regretted it.

Surprisingly the closest vehicle that fit my needs was 4 hours away from Chicago in Kokomo Indiana. I was able to negotiate a decent price for the vehicle and my trade via email (invoice - holdback- 15% off rebate). On Thursday June 27th I drove to Kokomo in a 2017 Grand Cherokee and returned with a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited. The drive back was awesome.

A few mods planned in the near future is front door tint, install my Passport 9500ci radar, and install my Blackvue dr900 dash cams.

Attachments

• IMG_2244.jpg
    IMG_2244.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s awesome. Congrats. If you have any other non FCA vehicles in your house you can grab this extra rebate.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

HMC8403

Reaction score
That’s awesome. Congrats. If you have any other non FCA vehicles in your house you can grab this extra rebate.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf
Just applied, thank you. I have Allstate and a non FCA vehicle.

I was told no other rebates were available with the 15% of MSRP; I usually get Military, Affiliates and had a TDM.

HoodieNate

Reaction score
I have been a loyal Jeep owner for some time now. My 2017 GC Summit was approaching 36k miles and was researching an extended warranty when somehow I started reading up on the 2019 Ram 1500. I really don't have any need for a pickup other than renting an open trailer from uHaul several times a year to shop at Menards or Home Depot for projects at home. After seeing the 15% of MSRP rebate I made up my mind.

After some research I picked the must have options: Ivory Tri-coat & Black interior (same as my Jeep), body-color bumper (not a fan of chrome), 12" display, RamBox, Spray-in liner, and 22" wheels. Since I am a city dweller I was on the fence with the engine size and axle ratio. Luckily there were not a lot of 3.7LT in the midwest to choose from, I think I would have regretted it.

Surprisingly the closest vehicle that fit my needs was 4 hours away from Chicago in Kokomo Indiana. I was able to negotiate a decent price for the vehicle and my trade via email (invoice - holdback- 15% off rebate). On Thursday June 27th I drove to Kokomo in a 2017 Grand Cherokee and returned with a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited. The drive back was awesome.

A few mods planned in the near future is front door tint, install my Passport 9500ci radar, and install my Blackvue dr900 dash cams.
Welcome to the family brother

ppowell1983

Reaction score

That’s very cool. I love the white, I’m from Chicagoland too, I live in Naperville, hope to see you around. I also agree, I don’t like the chrome bumpers on the limiteds.

ae015803e96ee15c34b87cd76114fc50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcoots

Reaction score
I literally just traded in a year old 2018 Laramie for 2019 Big Horn, Midnight Black appearance package (it’s a real beauty) loaded, 4x4, 12 inch screen, LEDs, pano roof; thing is a dream. Got awesome trade on 2018. I waited 30+ years to get a truck & now I’m addicted, especially to RAM. Embarrassed by my Honda Accord days now.

HMC8403

Reaction score
That’s very cool. I love the white, I’m from Chicagoland too, I live in Naperville, hope to see you around. I also agree, I don’t like the chrome bumpers on the limiteds.

ae015803e96ee15c34b87cd76114fc50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in Lincolnwood. Nice ride; I love black but am put off by what is takes to keep it looking shinny.

I also hate the chrome mirrors but at least the black arm covers half and the remaining matches the grill.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Just applied, thank you. I have Allstate and a non FCA vehicle.

I was told no other rebates were available with the 15% of MSRP; I usually get Military, Affiliates and had a TDM.

I’ve never heard that you can’t apply military discount on top of any other deal. I always thought it was considered stackable and separate. You should look into that and just make sure. Kind of $hitty if that’s true.

But this other one you c an get for sure. Doesn’t have anything to do with the deal they have you.

HMC8403

Reaction score
I’ve never heard that you can’t apply military discount on top of any other deal. I always thought it was considered stackable and separate. You should look into that and just make sure. Kind of $hitty if that’s true.

But this other one you c an get for sure. Doesn’t have anything to do with the deal they have you.
The dealer opened the incentive configurator infant of me and proved that it wasn't. In the past they showed me how USAA and military wasn't stackable ether.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
The dealer opened the incentive configurator infant of me and proved that it wasn't. In the past they showed me how USAA and military wasn't stackable ether.

Well USAA and military not being stackable I get because you’re getting the benefit for serving from one or the other. What I think is unfortunate about the way they seem to be offering the current deal is that everyone gets the same deal, 15%. There is no added benefit for military. Which is fine and it’s their decision to make but I think they should either always offer it or just get rid of it. To me it is a way for them to offer an extra perk for your service, so that should always be there IMO. Just because they are offering good discounts on their vehicles to the general public doesn’t mean that they should yank the military discount. Sometimes you get it and sometimes you don’t. Again, just my opinion.

HMC8403

Reaction score
Well USAA and military not being stackable I get because you’re getting the benefit for serving from one or the other. What I think is unfortunate about the way they seem to be offering the current deal is that everyone gets the same deal, 15%. There is no added benefit for military. Which is fine and it’s their decision to make but I think they should either always offer it or just get rid of it. To me it is a way for them to offer an extra perk for your service, so that should always be there IMO. Just because they are offering good discounts on their vehicles to the general public doesn’t mean that they should yank the military discount. Sometimes you get it and sometimes you don’t. Again, just my opinion.
I respect your opinion, not everyone appreciates those who have server. The one thing that has always bothered me about this discount, to qualify: 1) Currently serving active or reserve, 2) Discharged within 12 months, 3) Retired, 4) 100% disabled. So if someone was discharged 2 years ago after two tours in the sandbox and is 90% disabled, they would not qualify. Anyways not every company offers a military or veterans discount and we humbly appreciate those who do.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
I respect your opinion, not everyone appreciates those who have server. The one thing that has always bothered me about this discount, to qualify: 1) Currently serving active or reserve, 2) Discharged within 12 months, 3) Retired, 4) 100% disabled. So if someone was discharged 2 years ago after two tours in the sandbox and is 90% disabled, they would not qualify. Anyways not every company offers a military or veterans discount and we humbly appreciate those who do.

I couldn’t agree with you more on every single point. Well said.

Users who are viewing this thread