New aftermarket exhaust

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ the factory muffler will clamp back up If need to reinstall it. If that’s what your worried about

Bubba33

Reaction score
^^^ the factory muffler will clamp back up If need to reinstall it. If that’s what your worried about
I would have it welded back on if i had too. Just like it all bolt on like the 4th gen.

Bearman95

Reaction score
I really want to get that one. Had it on my 14, just wish you didn't have to cut the pipe.
If you’re talking about cutting the pipe on the OEM exhaust, you do not have to cut it! I removed mine all intact by dropping the spare tire and the shroud that surrounds the spare. I backed the truck up on ramps and it was all pretty easy. I then installed my Borla touring exhaust.

Damion

Reaction score
For the FlowFX kit you HAVE to cut the tailpipe just after the muffler. But the sound that it gives is well worth one cut! I really like mine. And as said, you can go back to stock with a band clamp if desired.

Bubba33

Reaction score
If you’re talking about cutting the pipe on the OEM exhaust, you do not have to cut it! I removed mine all intact by dropping the spare tire and the shroud that surrounds the spare. I backed the truck up on ramps and it was all pretty easy. I then installed my Borla touring exhaust.
I don't know how you did the borla. I will be getting the flowmaster if i get any, and the pipe has to be cut.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just added the Flowmaster 409S-FlowFX-Moderate to my 2019 Ram Bighorn. LOVE the new sound! Adds a nice deep rich sound, but doesn't overwhelm and become annoying. Take a listen in the attached video.
sounds great. Thanks for sharing the clip. I’m guessing you know this but you can adjust those tips and tuck them up nice and tight to the bumper. There is a clamp you just loosen, adjust and tighten back up. Some people find it to be a cleaner look. It’s personal preference. If you do raise them higher just be sure not to let them touch the bumper otherwise it will create a rattle.

sskay

Reaction score
sounds great. Thanks for sharing the clip. I’m guessing you know this but you can adjust those tips and tuck them up nice and tight to the bumper. There is a clamp you just loosen, adjust and tighten back up. Some people find it to be a cleaner look. It’s personal preference. If you do raise them higher just be sure not to let them touch the bumper otherwise it will create a rattle.
Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely take a look at that.

Stony0604

Reaction score
is there a new one for the new body style, or does the old one still work?

Stony0604

Reaction score
Just added the Flowmaster 409S-FlowFX-Moderate to my 2019 Ram Bighorn. LOVE the new sound! Adds a nice deep rich sound, but doesn't overwhelm and become annoying. Take a listen in the attached video.
Sounds great. If you don't mind, can you please post the link to where you bought this?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Flowmaster-717847-Direct-fit-Muffler-409S/dp/B07H5XXXBW/ref=asc_df_B07H5XXXBW/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312712394155&hvpos=1o5&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11400718887561691732&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9052055&hvtargid=aud-801738734305:pla-569797800174&psc=1

Last edited:

sskay

Reaction score

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)