5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 5th Gen Owner From Michigan

Derek

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just picked up my new 2019 Ram 1500 from the dealer. It has everything I was looking for. I wasn't leaning one way or the other on eTorque, but I do find it interesting.
This forum has given me a lot of ideas for things I want to do. First up is getting a local shop to add protective film to some key areas of the truck.

Specs:
5.7L Hemi eTorque
4x4
3.92 Gears
Granite Crystal Metallic
Crew Cab
Rambox
Trailer Brake
North Edition
LED lights
Level 2 Equipment Group
Alpine Speakers

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just picked up my new 2019 Ram 1500 from the dealer. It has everything I was looking for. I wasn't leaning one way or the other on eTorque, but I do find it interesting.
This forum has given me a lot of ideas for things I want to do. First up is getting a local shop to add protective film to some key areas of the truck.

Specs:
5.7L Hemi eTorque
4x4
3.92 Gears
Granite Crystal Metallic
Crew Cab
Rambox
Trailer Brake
North Edition
LED lights
Level 2 Equipment Group
Alpine Speakers
View attachment 27577
Awesome truck I have the same color wish mine had body color bumpers like yours!

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome. Enjoy the new ride!

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Derek

Reaction score
Awesome truck I have the same color wish mine had body color bumpers like yours!

That was one of the reasons I went with the North Edition! I definitely think it's a good look!
Welcome. Enjoy the new ride!

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Thank you! I didn't know about this.

Jasolution

Reaction score

That's a great looking truck!

I'd like to hear more about the protective film that you mentioned. What is it? Where do you have it done? Which parts are you looking to protect?

Cheers!

Derek

Reaction score
Hi!

I’m looking at getting the work done at Clear Auto Bra of Michigan.

I’m looking at the lower and upper front bumper, a-pillars, hood, and lower portions of the sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chithead

Reaction score
North Edition, nice... Welcome to the world of Ram!!!

You say it's interesting, how are you liking that eTorque option?

Derek

Reaction score
North Edition, nice... Welcome to the world of Ram!!!

You say it's interesting, how are you liking that eTorque option?

Honestly I don’t notice much of a difference from my normal V8, other than the start/stop. Even that I don’t always notice. I guess that means it’s working like it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a great looking truck!

I'd like to hear more about the protective film that you mentioned. What is it? Where do you have it done? Which parts are you looking to protect?

Cheers!
I had mine and all my vehicles done with PPF. I had the full hood, full fenders, full front end and lights done. They used expel ultimate plus and I am very happy with the results. It's not cheap but if you do a lot of highway driving it's a must if you hate rock chips.

Users who are viewing this thread