5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 5th-Gen 1500 Fuse / Relay / Circuit Breaker Diagrams & Documentation

kd908070

Reaction score
How to put usb charging only on ignition only I did the 12v with 54 fuse but usb still haveing power Even after truck is off and lock
I don't think you can change the USB-C Ports. Only the charging USB port can be changed.

U

User_63152

Can someone please tell me which fuse to tap, under the hood, for aux lights to come on with acc/run? I do not want constant power to them.

I must be stupid, because I can't find a definitive answer.

Thanks

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I got it. F44 under the hood, did the trick. Comes on with RUN.
Glad you found this fuse. For fuses on with ignition I think these would work

On with ignition
F01 - fuel pump
F44 - trailer camera
F60 - ECU

Anyone know of a tapable fuse that is only hot with with parking lamps? Looks like f12 is this way, but is an mcase fuse.

Thanks

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad you found this fuse. For fuses on with ignition I think these would work

On with ignition
F01 - fuel pump
F44 - trailer camera
F60 - ECU

Anyone know of a tapable fuse that is only hot with with parking lamps? Looks like f12 is this way, but is an mcase fuse.

Thanks
F11 is for the Clearance lights. There are no contacts inside the TIPM. I will be pulling mine to solder a inline fuse holder for my Cab Lights I added to my 1500.
The Red circle is the side of the fuse that gets power with the Running lights.

Malodave

F11FuseDTRAM.jpg

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
F11 is for the Clearance lights. There are no contacts inside the TIPM. I will be pulling mine to solder a inline fuse holder for my Cab Lights I added to my 1500.
The Red circle is the side of the fuse that gets power with the Running lights.

Malodave

View attachment 169980
Sounds like a plan. Let us know how it works!

tpetty

Reaction score
Awesome work with this! Link from original post to the website works great - but I don't see a downloadable PDF file to use offline (which was mentioned in the original post as well). Where do I look for that? Thanks

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Awesome work with this! Link from original post to the website works great - but I don't see a downloadable PDF file to use offline (which was mentioned in the original post as well). Where do I look for that? Thanks
I downloaded it months ago, but don't remember having an issue. It's also in the owners manual, actually accurate for your year ( there are a couple differences by year, on just one or two fuses). If you don't have yours, that is downloadable from the Ram website.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. Let us know how it works!
I will do a complete How-To post on it soon. It was easier than I though but you will need a GOOD
Soldering Iron with lots of heat. A 25 watt pencil Iron will not cut it. I had a $600 Metcal Iron and
it was difficult to solder to the PCB. The Solder holes are not Thermally Isolated, that's why it needs
so much heat.

Also remember to take a photo of your fuse box to put the fuses back in. I had a few that were not
on the Photo on the Fuse box website link. Some of the relays are keyed. the Gray ones were not.
I don't know if they really matter, but I would err on the side of Caution so they go in the same way
they came out.

Malodave

ToofZombie

Reaction score
I posted a diagram for the Internal Fuse Panel recently. This was good information to share with other 5th-Gen 1500 owners because the owner's manual doesn't contain such a diagram and the labels on the panel are very hard to read.

However, there was a lot more information that could be even more useful such as a diagram for the External (Engine Compartment) fuse panel as well as better detailed information about all of the fuses, relays, and circuit breakers. This took a while to compile but it was worth it because it will be a handy reference for anyone who could use it.

I created the information in a spreadsheet database and then published it on the internet. From here anyone can reference it any time online. I've also created two pdf document files if you wish to download the information directly to your computer or your smartphone. You can print a hard copy or keep it on your smartphone to access it easily if you ever encounter any issues on the road.

The website and the files both contain detailed information about both the Internal and External Power Distribution Centers, much more than the owner's manual or any other such documentation I could find. For example, you can now very easily find all fuse and relay locations and reference with expanded detail what each one does. Instead of using the esoteric acronyms used in the owner's manual to describe the fuses and relays, I've expanded most of them to their full names. This makes it much easier to understand what each one does.

Please see for yourself. Here is the RAM 1500 5th-Gen Power Distribution Centers website.

Here is a screenshot example of the partial Fuse Description table:
View attachment 83349

Here are the included Fuse Panel Diagrams:

External Fuse Panel:

View attachment 83355

Internal Fuse Panel:

View attachment 83356

I hope you find this information useful.
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel. I need a fuse that is only active when the ignition is on to tell my DCDC charger to work. I want to use a fuse tap. What would you recommend?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m guessing EDs have a different fuse setup than hemi trucks?

I am going to use F44. Should be on with the ignition.

Users who are viewing this thread