5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 3rd Brake Light

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm considering the full replacement. I know the 2021s have the full led unit but they are very expensive, has anyone tried the aftermarket units?
I do not believe there are any after market units as I stated earlier in this thread.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Plenty of threads on this already. Search for Diode Dynamics. Best LED lights available. Won’t interfere with keyfob.
Unfortunately the diode dynamics bulbs do interfere with 2021 Laramies. Doesn’t seem to affect 2019s or 2020s though. Both @MayhemMOORE and myself had issues with diodes bulbs giving us “key fob not detected” errors and also passive entry button wouldn’t work at times. Time to go with the OEM led brake light assembly!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the diode dynamics bulbs do interfere with 2021 Laramie. Doesn’t seem to affect 2019s or 2020s though. Both @MayhemMOORE and myself had issues with diodes bulbs giving us “key fob not detected” errors and also passive entry button wouldn’t work at times. Time to go with the OEM led brake light assembly!
It is pricey, but it looks and works great!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is pricey, but it looks and works great!
I definitely like the appearance more as well. Do I want to pay $350 for a brake light? No. But I absolutely hate the yellow hue from the stock bulbs. Especially with the truck having all LEDS interior and exterior besides those!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I definitely like the appearance more as well. Do I want to pay $350 for a brake light? No. But I absolutely hate the yellow hue from the stock bulbs. Especially with the truck having all LEDS interior and exterior besides those!
I had these on my 2019 and never a fob issue in almost 2 years.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm with you in that I don't like the yellow hue on a truck that otherwise has all led's with a much whiter tint. Honestly the cargo light isn't even going to do much for me 99% of the time with a tonneau cover, but it's one of those things that's going to annoy me if I don't change it. Since pulling the diode dynamics led's out I haven't had a single issue, which sucks because they provided the light I was after, but the interference was not something worth dealing with daily. I'm currently battling with my printer for the return label, but hopefully I can get them sent back and order the factory light in a week or so.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm with you in that I don't like the yellow hue on a truck that otherwise has all led's with a much whiter tint. Honestly the cargo light isn't even going to do much for me 99% of the time with a tonneau cover, but it's one of those things that's going to annoy me if I don't change it. Since pulling the diode dynamics led's out I haven't had a single issue, which sucks because they provided the light I was after, but the interference was not something worth dealing with daily. I'm currently battling with my printer for the return label, but hopefully I can get them sent back and order the factory light in a week or so.
Yeah I’ve got my diode bulbs packaged up ready to ship them back. Wish they worked because they were plenty bright. But as you’ve said I just cant deal with the yellow light. It helps that the OEM LED brake light looks better than the original.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I had all Lasfit led's when I had my 2020 Bighorn and had zero issues with them. Something changed, at least for the 2021 Laramie's, that is causing issues even with "better" aftermarket led's.

Royal

Reaction score
I just bought some higher quality led brake and cargo bulbs from Amazon for the existing unit and it looks OEM.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Same here...installed in 2018, no issues with fobs. I did have a similar cheapo LED bulb in the CHMSL slot that started to flake out recently (one side of LEDs in the bulb not lighting up), but fortunately it came in a 2-pack and I could simply swap out the bulb. Still no fob issues at all.

Users who are viewing this thread