5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 3rd Brake Light

MiamiRebel

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I have a 2019 Rebel. And I’ve seen that the new 2021 Ram 1500’s have a new LED third brake light.

Does anyone know if the new one fits and works well on the 2019 Rams?

Mtbgordon

Reaction score
Could you turn on the cargo camera through the TazerDT? That would be awesome!

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Amerinamese

Reaction score
The camera that is on the third brake light of the '21s is a rearview camera, not a cargo camera so it won't look into your bed. You'd have to get the special rearview mirror that comes in the '21.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
No, you cannot (ignoring the fact that it's not a cargo camera). And even if you could enable it, you need the LED rear view mirror to display it. From what I've read there is no way to get that camera to display on the uconnect screen. I suppose you could conceivably get the LED light (camera), the correct mirror, run the cabling for the camera, then program it. But I haven't read about anyone doing that yet.

Jimmymc

Reaction score
It does fit and work but not the camera
Any idea if the 2021’s
It does fit and work but not the camera
is the LED lights on all trims? Just ordered a sport up in Canada and was wondering if it came with the LEDs?

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any idea if the 2021’s

is the LED lights on all trims? Just ordered a sport up in Canada and was wondering if it came with the LEDs?
LED 3rd brake light is only available as part of the Tech Package with the HUD and camera rear view mirror.

Jimmymc

Reaction score
LED 3rd brake light is only available as part of the Tech Package with the HUD and camera rear view mirror.
Ah ok thanks. Didn’t end up getting that package so I guess it’ll be some LED bulbs for me

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Why not just buy the 2021 Tech Package CHMSL? I believe I read on the forum that no one manufacturers an aftermarket unit.

dvrdn

Reaction score
Hello i bought one and installed it and i was having issues with my keyfob not being detected and would not let me start the truck , i put the stock bulb back in and never had that issue again ..

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought a aftermarket led third brake light instead of the oem one?
If you are talking about a FULL REPLACEMENT housing and bulbs, I do not believe there is an aftermarket 3rd brake light available for the 1500. Others have searched and posted that one does not yet exist f I recall correctly.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hello i bought one and installed it and i was having issues with my keyfob not being detected and would not let me start the truck , i put the stock bulb back in and never had that issue again ..
You bought a bulb replacement, not an aftermarket unit.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Has anyone bought a aftermarket led third brake light instead of the oem one?
Plenty of threads on this already. Search for Diode Dynamics. Best LED lights available. Won’t interfere with keyfob.

Users who are viewing this thread