5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2023 Ram 1500 Seat Belt Chime/Alert

Red Bright

Reaction score
I got here searching for a way to turn off the seat belt chime in the new 2023 RAMs. Called seat belt Alert by the C. Corporation. I was not able to get the three click method to work. I tried many times. When I asked the Salesman and the service department to turn of that Alert they were dumbfounded. Can't be done! Pointed out to the service manger that on page 283 of the RAM 1500 Owners Manual it states that the Alert can be deactivated by an authorized dealer and goes on to explain how the seat belt warning light will work once the Alarm is disabled. I have an appointment for May 26, 2023 for them to hook it up to their computer and turn it off. He tells me that I am the first guy who ever asked. I told him about the three clicks trick that works on 2022 and on back. He had never heard of that, eh?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . I wasn’t aware the 3 click method didn’t work on the 2023 .

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can disable it with TazerDT as well

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The 3 clicks method goes back very far which is why he might not know.

People here say it doesn't work with the 2023s.

If they can't turn it off just get the extender posted above, it will help you in more ways then 1.
The truck acts funky at slow speeds without a seatbelt on and door open. With that extender it will think the seatbelt is on even if it's not.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It worked on my 2023 but not as they instructed. It took 4 clicks I think. I forget but just play around it may have been only two clicks.

John Galt

Reaction score
I saw a video somewhere that said it was 5 clicks not 3.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a video somewhere that said it was 5 clicks not 3.
That's what I was saying above. It worked on my'23 so I know it can be done but three clicks did not work. I just kept playing around till it worked. I should have wrote down how many it was.

CNC99

Reaction score
Not 100% positive but I believe you can also achieve this with AlfaOBD.

John Galt

Reaction score
Not 100% positive but I believe you can also achieve this with AlfaOBD.
Stands to reason - it’s a software setting and you can flip the on/off option directly with Alfaobd instead of doing some silly Nintendo dance with the buttons

Papi4baby

Reaction score
Did not work on my 22.

Manual also states the dealer has to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread