5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2020 RAM with some of the same Uconnect issues my 2019 was lemoned out for this week.

hamburgram

Reaction score
Take it to the dealer and ask them to open a case with FCA and/or RamCares. If your dealer is responsible they will work with you to replace it. My 2019 is going in for radio #3 tomorrow and the dealer said they will keep replacing it until they put one in that works. They said each radio is programmed to the VIN by manufacturer so its a bit of a process. Not ideal, not the dealers fault, but at least they admitted the problem and are working with me to fix it.

I was told by RamCares yesterday that there is a FOTA (firmware over-the-air) update coming in Q1 to fix the problems, but not holding my breath.
I am also on my 3rd 12" radio on my 2019 RAM Limited.

tangoRAM

Reaction score
I have a 2020 bought in September with 12" and it started showing the freeze up issue a month ago and has been steadily getting worse. The volume locks at a single level and no audio comes out. The XM page shows searching for satellites and never finds them. It is inconceivable (princess bride) to me that this has been going on since 2019 with no fix. Is my first Dodge and absolutely loved the truck with no complaints until this. Now when someone asks me how I like it I will have to say its great but....

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I am also on my 3rd 12" radio on my 2019 RAM Limited.
I guess you started out with a bad one, then they replaced it with a bad one, and now you finally have a good one. 1 for 3 is not a good percentage but better than 0 for 3.

jjmcmanu

Reaction score
**Update**
Dealer replaced my radio, and the replacement worked great for about a month. All of a sudden it started freezing daily/hourly/every trip. Now the radio hasn't worked in a couple days. I can't use my phone, SiriusXM, bluetooth, Android Auto, FM, AM, etc. I went and spoke to the service manager at my dealer and he said they get replacements direct from the manufacturer and they will keep ordering/installing new ones until they find one of that works. He did say the Wranglers are worse, and new trucks have a new radio manufacturer. FCA still needs to take responsibility somehow.
**Another Update** Since getting my radio module replaced in March didn't fix the problem, the dealer ordered a new screen which was installed on 4/5. I start the truck up and the radio failed to load in the dealers lot. Showed the service manager and technician, they flashed the software and it came to life. Later on in the day and following days it failed to load again multiple times, back to the dealer. They repeated the problem easily (fails to load 50% of the time), ordered another radio. This will be the 4th radio/screen in the truck, will keep getting it replaced until fixed.

RammyShand

Reaction score
Here's what weird. I recently went from a 2019 RAM Limited to a 21 RAM Limited. I didn't have a single issue with the UConnect system in the 2019...not one! Truthfully, I didn't have a single issue with the truck as a whole...not one! Shortly after taking ownership of the 2021, I experienced two glitchy issues with the UConnect system. I hard reset the system and the error message and overall glitchy-ness went away. It's been a few days and no reoccurrence.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't believe a new radio fixes this, IMO its the software and just a matter of time before the issues shows up depending on how you use the system. What I have found is that if I open Navigation and it doesnt show me any traffic conditions (red, yellow or green roads) the XM will not work either. If the Nav displays traffic conditions,XM is good to go

gturtle34

Reaction score
I have also experienced this XM loading screen staying on (2019 Ram). Happens more and more frequently. No Radio, volume locks and can't even switch to AM/FM. GPS works perfectly, so I assume I have satellite signal.
I had the first radio replaced under warranty about a year ago, then start happening again a month ago. Now having it replaced under extended warranty. I hope the third radio is the charm!

newram4me

Reaction score
I can tell you that it is a sirrus xm software problem, mine would freeze up every time I did not remote start my truck. Then it would freeze sometimes even when remote stating the truck. If I left the radio on FM I’ve never had a problem with the screen freezing or any of the controls not working. I don’t use SiriusXM radio anymore and I have no more problems. Which sucks on a $60,000 plus truck that would be the solution instead of them working out the software issues. But I believe it’s a SiriusXM software issue so you know it will never get worked out.

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
How close are you to Area 51, NORAD, a Willie Wanka candy factory, etc? Lol

Of course, just teasing abit. My truck has also been lemoned by my state. Currently awaiting FCA replacement. My lemon is for a non-related issue to your post so I won't mention.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online