5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2020 Limited owner, after 4 Ford's

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Air Suspension range is:
Entry/Exit - 6.7 Inches of ground clearance (6.2 Inches if you have skid plates)
Aero - 8.2 Inches of ground clearance (7.7 if you have skid plates)
Normal height - 8.7 Inches of ground clearance (8.2 Inches if you have skid plates)
Off Road 1 - 9.7 Inches of ground clearance (9.2 Inches if you have skid plates)
Off Road 2 - 10.7 Inches of ground clearance (10.2 if you have skid plates)

I added the skid plates but also added the half inch taller tires to compensate (285/45/22 upgraded to 305/45/22)

chrisnack

Reaction score
The Air Suspension range is:
Entry/Exit - 6.7 Inches of ground clearance (6.2 Inches if you have skid plates)
Aero - 8.2 Inches of ground clearance (7.7 if you have skid plates)
Normal height - 8.7 Inches of ground clearance (8.2 Inches if you have skid plates)
Off Road 1 - 9.7 Inches of ground clearance (9.2 Inches if you have skid plates)
Off Road 2 - 10.7 Inches of ground clearance (10.2 if you have skid plates)

I added the skid plates but also added the half inch taller tires to compensate (285/45/22 upgraded to 305/45/22)

Nice! Great post.

chrisnack

Reaction score
Welcome! Give us your impressions of the KR vs the Ltd when you have time...

Google "Bonus Drive" and see if you qualify for the $250 rebate. Hundreds of forum members have gotten this check in 6-8 weeks. No spamming, no requirement for Allstate Insurance.
It's some marketing ploy sure but it's also $250 for you to spend...

Got the email my bonus drive was approved, just have to wait for the check now.

Thanks for the info! $250 coming my way!

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Got the email my bonus drive was approved, just have to wait for the check now.

Thanks for the info! $250 coming my way!
Sure thing. A mod should make some kind of automatic link thing so that members become aware of it. Patsy and I are trying to let people know but as things get busy I forget and therefore members may miss the boat. I don't know how it could be done but then I'm not very "techy".

Last edited by a moderator:

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome and have fun with it.
Show us your truck... upload some pics...

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wanted to say hi!

Just picked up my '20 Limited last week, really nice truck. I've owned a Ford ranger and 3 F150's, the latest was a 2018 King Ranch. I was very impressed with the interior on the new Ram and the ride quality with the air suspension was fantastic, so i made the switch over the Ram!
Welcome the the club. I too am a former F150 owner. Traded a 2015 Lariat with almost every option and before that had a 2013 King Ranch. There are definitely things that each of those trucks had that I miss, but I so far am very happy with my new Ram. I definitely echo what you are saying about the Ecoboost. I had the 3.5L in both my trucks and, man talk about a world of difference with these NA trucks. Still getting used to the lack of low end off the line torque. I agree with you that the interior was very antiquated compared to all the upgrades this new Ram offers. I hope you enjoy your new Ram and have fun modding it. Being on this forum, you can't help but want mod your truck.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you converted from Ford. Good luck with the new ride and post a few pics for us.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Welcome the the club. I too am a former F150 owner. Traded a 2015 Lariat with almost every option and before that had a 2013 King Ranch. There are definitely things that each of those trucks had that I miss, but I so far am very happy with my new Ram. I definitely echo what you are saying about the Ecoboost. I had the 3.5L in both my trucks and, man talk about a world of difference with these NA trucks. Still getting used to the lack of low end off the line torque. I agree with you that the interior was very antiquated compared to all the upgrades this new Ram offers. I hope you enjoy your new Ram and have fun modding it. Being on this forum, you can't help but want mod your truck.
Exactly. While I “only” had the 2.7 eco, it moved my supercab XLT with 3.55’s very quickly. Got better mpg than the hemi, though towing was just as sucky.
And being it was a lowly XLT with cloth, it couldn’t even begin to compare with a Ltd RAM. Apples to oranges...

Last edited by a moderator:

chrisnack

Reaction score
Exactly. While I “only” had the 2.7 eco, it moved my supercab XLT with 3.55’s very quickly. Got better m-g than the hemi, though towing was just as sucky.
And being it was a lowly XLT with cloth, it couldn’t even begin to compare with a Ltd RAM. Apples to oranges...

I had the 3.5 and had it tuned, should have been around 450/500, it was quick. MPG sucked towing, but was around 19-21ish on HWY. Although this HEMI is definitely worse than I was expecting, and worse than Ford's 5.0. Oh well.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I had the 3.5 and had it tuned, should have been around 450/500, it was quick. MPG sucked towing, but was around 19-21ish on HWY. Although this HEMI is definitely worse than I was expecting, and worse than Ford's 5.0. Oh well.
At least the hemi won’t need a new long block due to oil usage... like some late model 5.0’s are needing or have gotten. It’s a thirsty NA beast but there’s no twin turbos to fail either. Come to think of it, the timing chain isn’t an issue, and the cooled seats work, and the battery management system isn’t killing batteries... oh wait, this isn’t the F150 forum.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
That was a quick truck. There’s no doubt that 3.5 eco is a real beast for power. The Raptor was slated to get even a higher upgrade to hp and tq... like it needed it with 450 hp and 510 tq.

For 2021 they are trying to field a 7 liter V8... C’mon FCA/RAM, you can get at least 50 more hp and 20-30 more tq out of the hemi for 2021... you need to stay up with Ferd and GM!

chrisnack

Reaction score
My brother has a Raptor and then sent it off to Hennessy, it’s really quick. 600HP
I had one of the old 6.2 Raptors, loved it, great truck with amazing ride quality due to the nice shocks.

All brands have their issues, oh well.

I like my RAM, I’m not concerned about the mileage just a little surprised at how bad it was given the EPA ratings, which based on this forum appear to BS :)

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My brother has a Raptor and then sent it off to Hennessy, it’s really quick. 600HP
I had one of the old 6.2 Raptors, loved it, great truck with amazing ride quality due to the nice shocks.

All brands have their issues, oh well.

I like my RAM, I’m not concerned about the mileage just a little surprised at how bad it was given the EPA ratings, which based on this forum appear to BS :)
My friend couldn’t stand how crappy his new Raptor sounded and sent it to Hennessy for the velocaraptor package. Really came out great. Sounds and looks amazing after a 6” lift, new wheels and V8. Unfortunately he has over 150k in the truck now, and it still has the crappy plastic interior. The new TRX with the hellcat motor is going to blow the Raptor away

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
My friend couldn’t stand how crappy his new Raptor sounded and sent it to Hennessy for the velocaraptor package. Really came out great. Sounds and looks amazing after a 6” lift, new wheels and V8. Unfortunately he has over 150k in the truck now, and it still has the crappy plastic interior. The new TRX with the hellcat motor is going to blow the Raptor away
150? One hundred and fifty?? Holy Sheeit batman!

Users who are viewing this thread