5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2020 Limited owner, after 4 Ford's

chrisnack

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wanted to say hi!

Just picked up my '20 Limited last week, really nice truck. I've owned a Ford ranger and 3 F150's, the latest was a 2018 King Ranch. I was very impressed with the interior on the new Ram and the ride quality with the air suspension was fantastic, so i made the switch over the Ram!

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on purchasing a 2020 Ram Limited. I'm sure you will enjoy your new truck as well as this forum. Plenty of good information and very helpful members on this site.

chrisnack

Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on purchasing a 2020 Ram Limited. I'm sure you will enjoy your new truck as well as this forum. Plenty of good information and very helpful members on this site.

Thanks! Yup used this forum a bit already over the last week. Great info here.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome! Give us your impressions of the KR vs the Ltd when you have time...

Google "Bonus Drive" and see if you qualify for the $250 rebate. Hundreds of forum members have gotten this check in 6-8 weeks. No spamming, no requirement for Allstate Insurance.
It's some marketing ploy sure but it's also $250 for you to spend...

chrisnack

Reaction score
Welcome! Give us your impressions of the KR vs the Ltd when you have time...

Google "Bonus Drive" and see if you qualify for the $250 rebate. Hundreds of forum members have gotten this check in 6-8 weeks. No spamming, no requirement for Allstate Insurance.
It's some marketing ploy sure but it's also $250 for you to spend...

Awesome, just did the rebate form, thanks for the heads up on that.

King Ranch was nice, great leather and seats. When I got it in end of 2017 it was obviously “fresh” for the most part and the tech was standard. The Ford sync is good, although the Nav updates are all messed up, my 2018 had 2015 maps and the dealer never updated it. I just used Apple CarPlay.
Comparing the Limited, a ton more plastic parts, the doors are mostly hard plastic minus the elbow pad. Dash similar, and obviously comparing the screen to the 12.5” isn’t super fair to the Ford. The Ford interior is essentially a 2015 as that’s when they did the major interior refresh. 2018 was a exterior refresh.

On the ram the air suspension and independent rear provided a much better overall ride, and towing my camper in for service, the auto leveling was super super nice.

The F150 has significantly more power and was quicker. I had the 2nd gen eco boost which is 395 hp and 470 ft/lbs. I had a mild tune on mine so it was about 450/500. It was quick but obviously doesn’t sound like a V8. The biggest issue was towing you are in boost and therefore just sucking gas. I’m hoping the V8 in the Ram does a little better, time well tell.

I wanted something that had adaptive cruise, blind spot and 360 camera. Getting those in the Ford ended up about $10k more than the Ram so that was another selling point on top of the interior.

So I gave up some power, got a nicer interior and ride quality and it was cheaper.

I use the truck for towing and truck stuff, and often we will take it on long road trips if we want extra space. My daily driver is a 2018 BMW X3 M40i, which is stupid fast and comfortable and has all the tech. That’s a put a stupid smile on your face every time you drive it car but it can’t haul a sheet of plywood :) The in-line 6 in the BMW also makes more power than the V8 in the RAM, as it’s about 440hp.

Im not gonna say the Ram interior is BMW quality (ignore entry level BMW’s) but it is very good and absolutely the best interior out there for trucks and I’d say better than most cars I’ve been in. Again it’s very well done.

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

King Ranch was nice, great leather and seats. When I got it in end of 2017 it was obviously “fresh” for the most part and the tech was standard. The Ford sync is good, although the Nav updates are all messed up, my 2018 had 2015 maps and the dealer never updated it. I just used Apple CarPlay.
Comparing the Limited, a ton more plastic parts, the doors are mostly hard plastic minis the elbow pad. Dash similar, and obviously comparing the screen to the 12.5” isn’t super far to the Ford. The Ford interior is essentially a 2015 as that’s when they did the major interior refresh. 2018 was a exterior refresh.

The air suspension and independent rear provided a much better overall ride, and towing my camper in for service, the auto leveling was super super nice.

the F159 has significantly more power and was quicker. I had the 2nd gen eco boost which is 395 hp and 470 ft/lbs. I had a mild tune on mine as it was about 450/500. It was quick but obviously doesn’t sound like a V8. The biggest issue was towing you are in boost and therefore just sucking gas. I’m hoping the V8 in the Ram does a little better, time well tell.

I wanted something that had adaptive cruise, blind spot and 360 camera. Getting those in the Ford ended up about $10k more than the Ram so that was another selling point on top of the interior.

So I gave up some power, got a nicer interior and ride quality and it was cheaper.

I use the truck for towing and truck stuff, and often we will take it on long road trips if we want extra space. My daily driver is a 2018 BMW X3 M40i, which is stupid fast and comfortable and has all the tech. That’s a put a stupid smile on your face every time you drive it car but it can’t haul a sheet of plywood :) The in-line 6 in the BMW also makes more power than the V8 in the RAM, as it’s about 440hp.

Im not gonna say the Ram interior is BMW quality (ignore entry level BMW’s) but it is very good and absolutely the best interior out there for trucks and I’d say better than most cars I’ve been in. Again it’s very well done.
Thank you for a good point by point review. Those ecoboosts are stupid powerful when tuned. Not sure about their long-term reliability when tuned though...
Glad you like your new RAM!

chrisnack

Reaction score
Thank you for a good point by point review. Those ecoboosts are stupid powerful when tuned. Not sure about their long-term reliability when tuned though...
Glad you like your new RAM!

Yeah, who knows tuned, i didn't push it very far on mine, you can go much higher, it's crazy what they output. Especially the High Output variants that are in the Raptor and Limited.

Roddog2220

Reaction score

Comparing the Limited, a ton more plastic parts, the doors are mostly hard plastic minus the elbow pad. Dash similar, and obviously comparing the screen to the 12.5” isn’t super fair to the Ford. The Ford interior is essentially a 2015 as that’s when they did the major interior refresh. 2018 was a exterior refresh.

On the ram the air suspension and independent rear provided a much better overall ride, and towing my camper in for service, the auto leveling was super super nice.

The F150 has significantly more power and was quicker. I had the 2nd gen eco boost which is 395 hp and 470 ft/lbs. I had a mild tune on mine so it was about 450/500. It was quick but obviously doesn’t sound like a V8. The biggest issue was towing you are in boost and therefore just sucking gas. I’m hoping the V8 in the Ram does a little better, time well tell.

so your air ride allows you to adjust the back for sag when towing heavy stuff?

Roddog2220

Reaction score
i hate door dings and also hate big rims that are easily scratchable against curbs, like my 20 in with 35s, plenty of tread around to protect rim

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
and it does automatically adjust for sag when towing??

Yep, the air ride is definitely one of my favorite features. It also knows which trailer of my 4 that I am towing when I connect it (Tongue Weight) and it makes the first turn and determines the length.

And (I will get crap for this statement) the payload/bed capacity is so much more than what it is rated at. Payload is 1,345 on my yellow sticker but I have hauled 4,020 Lbs (650 Lbs - 4 people in the truck and 3,370 Lbs of rock) in the bed and it did just fine.... and it reduced the squat to Normal ride height the best it could with that payload. With each front loader scoop that dropped into the bed it leveled until the last one when it couldn't.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread