5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2019's Classic?

sgk

Reaction score
Is this really true, there will be 2019 classic rams? so essentially 2018 model with a classic emblem on it but sold as a 19.
the was a youtube video I watched earlier going through this. Would this have a part with any issues were experiencing or completely different plant so nothing to be concerned about? Or just offer it till ppl get over the facelift and ease into 2019/20's

found it

Last edited:

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Its true, I mentioned it back in January actually. The Classics are built at the Warren truck plant where 4th gen 1500s while the 5th gen trucks are built at Sterling Heights Assembly which went through an over $1 billion overhaul to build the new trucks.

FLG8R

Reaction score
Its true, I mentioned it back in January actually. The Classics are built at the Warren truck plant where 4th gen 1500s while the 5th gen trucks are built at Sterling Heights Assembly which went through an over $1 billion overhaul to build the new trucks.
I'm looking forward to what they have to offer discount wise on this move. Didn't Nissan end up in the same situation with their Rogue model? Seems they were not prepared to shut down the Japan build facility so they continued building under the name Rogue SELECT. Couple of years from now I wonder what would be the trade in value of a Classic vs the Redesign?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I would expect the Classics to be pretty heavily discounted, the trim range is also Limited. The Classic will definitely have lower trade in values than the redesign trucks. The Classics will be an excellent buy for value minded shoppers though. I believe Nissan did do that with the Rogue as you mentioned, Ford and GM have also done it with their truck redesigns as well. For 2019 the current gen Silverado/Sierra will be sold alongside the new Silverado/Sierra as well.

Screenshot (77).png Screenshot (78).png

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
wow this is crazy 1st I am hearing of this. You cannot build these on Ram's website though...

FLG8R

Reaction score
wow this is crazy 1st I am hearing of this. You cannot build these on Ram's website though...
When I read an article about these it mentioned they would become available in the 4th quarter. So it may be October before they do show up as an option on the build and price site.

Users who are viewing this thread