5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2019 Tradesman 2500

hutchman

Reaction score
Finally got the truck back today. It's too early to tell if there will be any measureable gains from this, as I've seen in the past, but I like the sound. It's louder under light acceleration around town and when really standing on it, but otherwise it is mellow.

My fuel economy was surprising on the first tank....15 mpg hand calc'd. My 2016 Power Wagon avg'd 13.4 over 15,000 miles and my Bighorn avg'd 14 mpg. I hope this 8 speed makes a difference.

magnum74

Reaction score
I was an early 6.4 2500 owner and my biggest complaint was the transmission. The 6.4 is a strong puller but the old 6-speed gearing did not compliment it at all. It had to work way too hard with very tall 1st and 2nd gears. The 8-speed is exactly what the doctor ordered and will make the 3.73 truck much more usable, too. I will definitely consider switching back to one of these in a couple years when I am back in the market.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
hutchman, any more mpg updates?
He has some over at our Heavy Duty site, HDRAMS.COM

Looking pretty good for that 392 HEMI mated to the 8speed.

And for everyone's knowledge put @ before the screenname to get someone's attention.

@hutchman seems to be really enjoying his 2019 Tradesman 392 HEMI with 8 speed.

Users who are viewing this thread