5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2019 Ram 1500 owner

mcp6530

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
Just picked up this new Ram 1500 black edition. Only 30k miles and it's certified. Has everything I wanted except for the lighting upgrade package. I'll be searching thru the form to see if that is possible to upgrade and costs associated.
Primary use will be to tow my boat but I can see using this as a daily driver a lot too! :)

1617995869328.png

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
Just picked up this new Ram 1500 black edition. Only 30k miles and it's certified. Has everything I wanted except for the lighting upgrade package. I'll be searching thru the form to see if that is possible to upgrade and costs associated.
Primary use will be to tow my boat but I can see using this as a daily driver a lot too! :)

View attachment 88804
Welcome to the forum! Sweet looking truck!

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
Nice ride, welcome!

Kyles

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

View attachment 88804
Congratulations on the truck! Mine came with factory halogen lights and I upgraded to Recon Lighting housing. There is always the route to go OEM (infotainment/retroshop/mopar) or there is a brand on amazon that i have seen. Best of luck👍🏻

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

View attachment 88804
Check her closely for the cracked rear window frame issue and any water coming in through the 3rd brake light. Well know issue in the 2019.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Definitely ways to get the LED upgraded lighting. I wouldn't go aftermarket if I was you, potential rate of issues is higher from what I've seen (in both 4th gen and 5th gen), and whenever I did that in the past, it tended to make me feel like I "cheaped out" sooner rather than later. But to each their own.

I'd recommend factory-equivalent LED housings (Laramie/Rebel style) from a salvage yard or maybe eBay; and adapters from Retroshop.
If you cannot find the housings there, and have to buy them new, you're looking at a few thousand probably when its all said and done.

mcp6530

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Definitely ways to get the LED upgraded lighting. I wouldn't go aftermarket if I was you, potential rate of issues is higher from what I've seen (in both 4th gen and 5th gen), and whenever I did that in the past, it tended to make me feel like I "cheaped out" sooner rather than later. But to each their own.

I'd recommend factory-equivalent LED housings (Laramie/Rebel style) from a salvage yard or maybe eBay; and adapters from Retroshop.
If you cannot find the housings there, and have to buy them new, you're looking at a few thousand probably when its all said and done.
Thanks - wow, a few thousand potentially. I'll learn to love what I have if I can't find them on ebay :)

mcp6530

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. This one comes Certified which is not really a great warranty from CDJR. An additional 3 months / 3k miles on the new car warranty aka bumper to bumper. Other CPO's usually take a year on to the new car warranty. Then the powertrain extends to 100k, which is pretty standard on CPO's. They were trying to sell me a wrap from the dealership for 5 more years/60k miles for $2,000. I don't need 5 more years; was looking for only 2 or 3 more years. Anyone have success with getting a shorter term warranty extension?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. This one comes Certified which is not really a great warranty from CDJR. An additional 3 months / 3k miles on the new car warranty aka bumper to bumper. Other CPO's usually take a year on to the new car warranty. Then the powertrain extends to 100k, which is pretty standard on CPO's. They were trying to sell me a wrap from the dealership for 5 more years/60k miles for $2,000. I don't need 5 more years; was looking for only 2 or 3 more years. Anyone have success with getting a shorter term warranty extension?

Yikes that is overpriced.

Being CPO gets you better pricing since the 7/100 is already “built in”. I paid around $1,500 for 8yr/100k coverage ($100 deductible) from Clay Robbins.

7/100 was around $1300

[email protected]
785-789-3940

mcp6530

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the actual CPO expires on the new car warranty? Is it 3 months/3k miles from the expiration of the original warranty? Or, if you buy the vehicle with some warranty left on it, does that 3 months/3k add on not apply? Can't seem to get a straight answer....thanks!

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the actual CPO expires on the new car warranty? Is it 3 months/3k miles from the expiration of the original warranty? Or, if you buy the vehicle with some warranty left on it, does that 3 months/3k add on not apply? Can't seem to get a straight answer....thanks!

3-Month/3,000-Mile Maximum Care Warranty – Beginning when the CPO vehicle is sold or at the expiration of the 3-Year/36,000-Mile Basic New Vehicle Warranty

mcp6530

Reaction score
3-Month/3,000-Mile Maximum Care Warranty – Beginning when the CPO vehicle is sold or at the expiration of the 3-Year/36,000-Mile Basic New Vehicle Warranty
Right -well which one is it? It has to be one or the other. if there is still life on the new car warranty, will this provide 3 additional months when it expires?

Users who are viewing this thread