5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 12" Uconnect Software Version 19.33.11? New Update 19.43.1a

SemperGumby

Reaction score
I'm wondering if those of us on a version earlier than 18.45.x are going to get this. Seems like everyone has been at at least that version so far that has received the OTA.

mikeruoc

Reaction score
I'm wondering if those of us on a version earlier than 18.45.x are going to get this. Seems like everyone has been at at least that version so far that has received the OTA.
Has crossed my mind also. But we will see. I did get 2 earlier in my ownership so I am hoping that this will come also.

Dtbrew

Reaction score
I got my update on 2/28. Hardware version NFGL, Software now 19.49.13, Maps version 17Q4. I'm not sure where it started since I forgot the magic incantation to find the version. (Was in ND when it prompted for update.)

Apparent differences:
1. When running Maps navigation in Android Auto the volume is much lower than before. Maybe it remembers your setting too (instead of defaulting to 14), not sure, will have to run it again.
2. The current radio preset used to be highlighted in red, now that is not present at start or when you switch off the Radio screen. If you select a preset it will turn red until the screen is changed.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I have a feeling they're rolling it out to newer or more problematic firmware's before rolling it out to older firmware's (me). Or FCA/RAM doesn't know what the hell they're doing and this roll out is a damn pot luck. We shall see. I know if I don't get it in the coming months i'll be driving my truck to my dealer for an update. I am on hw:N0GL sw:18.27.12

Reactions: Jtr

KcRay

Reaction score
Febuary 2019 built date, and had no problems. Updated last night. Have not yet started the truck.:unsure:

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a feeling they're rolling it out to newer or more problematic firmware's before rolling it out to older firmware's (me). Or FCA/RAM doesn't know what the hell they're doing and this roll out is a damn pot luck. We shall see. I know if I don't get it in the coming months i'll be driving my truck to my dealer for an update. I am on hw:N0GL sw:18.27.12
I think the dealers may already have the download. When I had the truck in Friday for brake repairs and I was complaining of the 12" glitchiness, they said a new update dropped and it would be no problem for them to download it. Well, after 5 minutes they came back to the customer lounge and said they ran my VIN and said I was up to date and the update wasn't for my truck. I didn't think much of it because I didn't realize the update hit for so many others at that point.
If push comes to shove I think my guys are cool enough if they have the 19.49.13, they will download it the next time I am in. I've also made the comment on this thread that I wonder if when they pushed the 18.45.40 download on the truck whether it bricked my ability to receive OTAs. Just conjecture at this point. If a couple weeks go by and guys on this thread stop posting about getting updates, I'll call my dealer.

KcRay

Reaction score
Febuary 2019 built date, and had no problems. Updated last night. Have not yet started the truck.:unsure:
Update completed, every thing works, and is where it should be. It said to find out more about updates, "press assist button and then vehicle care". That made phone call to Ram assistant, they said update was for, "new satellite connectivity" and had no new features.

RJS

Reaction score
I think the dealers may already have the download. When I had the truck in Friday for brake repairs and I was complaining of the 12" glitchiness, they said a new update dropped and it would be no problem for them to download it. Well, after 5 minutes they came back to the customer lounge and said they ran my VIN and said I was up to date and the update wasn't for my truck. I didn't think much of it because I didn't realize the update hit for so many others at that point.
If push comes to shove I think my guys are cool enough if they have the 19.49.13, they will download it the next time I am in. I've also made the comment on this thread that I wonder if when they pushed the 18.45.40 download on the truck whether it bricked my ability to receive OTAs. Just conjecture at this point. If a couple weeks go by and guys on this thread stop posting about getting updates, I'll call my dealer.
Up until mine updated last Saturday, the website said it was up to date. Apparently this is not uncommon. Mine 1/19 build 12" Laramie Level 2 FYI.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Up until mine updated last Saturday, the website said it was up to date. Apparently this is not uncommon. Mine 1/19 build 12" Laramie Level 2 FYI.
Yeah uconnect website is full of crap, it said mine was up to date then 3 hours later it updated.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
looks like a few of us who got the update are still not able to search ’online’. I called and spoke with FCA this morning and talked to a uconnect rep, they stated that i should be online and if I’m showing connection bars it should be working, I should be showing a LTE or 4G instead of what I have. They stated it wasn’t on their end and my next step was to go to the dealer.

she also said that some of the updates being pushed out are being stopped due to a compatibility issue. Whatever that means or how reliable that is who knows.

anyone else not ’online’ after the update should use their assist button and call to report, takes about 10 minutes. You can see in the picture what I’m talking about, and note in the search that I’m nowhere near L.A. as the search result are pointing me toward. But hey, at least I have pandora stations now. D8998347-3156-45CE-BB2C-69EA49E795CC.jpeg

rconiv

Reaction score
I got my update on 2/28. Hardware version NFGL, Software now 19.49.13, Maps version 17Q4. I'm not sure where it started since I forgot the magic incantation to find the version. (Was in ND when it prompted for update.)

Apparent differences:
1. When running Maps navigation in Android Auto the volume is much lower than before. Maybe it remembers your setting too (instead of defaulting to 14), not sure, will have to run it again.
2. The current radio preset used to be highlighted in red, now that is not present at start or when you switch off the Radio screen. If you select a preset it will turn red until the screen is changed.
I am wondering if mine is doing the same for the volume. Since I got the update on Saturday, the speakers will mostly mute, but there is no audio when Waze is trying to tell me something. Don't remember how it was when I used the built in navigation. I was glad for online mode, since it found a place that it used to go I have no clue.

On the center dash display, where the speed and such are shown, on option 2, where in my case was tire pressure changed, or have I just never done anything there before. After the update, I was scrolling through, and where the tire pressure was, was blank. I scrolled through the rest of the windows, and they were fine. I went back to that, and noticed left, and right arrows, which I don't remember before, but could be I just didn't pay attention. It gave me a fair number of information about temperatures and different pressures, as well as oil time left and such.

Now if the makers of the maps would update from the 2017 maps.

Scrambler

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited built on 2-14-19 with the Level 1 package and finally got a software update pushed to my truck over the weekend.
The next day when I started my truck, my Harmon Karden just about blew me back out of the door it was so loud with the volume at 15. Short story is that my 900 watt amp is now performing at the level it is supposed to be and I love it! My listening volume is now set between 5-7 unless I'm conversing with a passenger.
So far I have no issues with other functions, but I did have to reset my favorite stations on Sirrius. Gotta love the over the air updates versus going into the dealer.

cobradav

Reaction score
Any recommendations for those that have Tazer installed whether to leave in or remove for update? I have had the message for over a week to update but have not and now it is becoming a nuisance as it now defaults to "SCHEDULE UPDATE" almost directly after ignition on or starting truck and I have no control over anything other than getting auto backup camera when in reverse and the comfort controls. Nothing else, no buttons along bottom, no media control, no volume control, no nav, no voice control, etc

nytmare

Reaction score
There is hope, build date 1.30.20 (still nuts that a brand new vehicle has about two year old nav maps in it)

View attachment 48509
So... how do map updates get pushed? I see that Keezer, above, has the 18Q2 version, where my truck has 17Q4 (my truck's build was 8/19). BTW, I got the UConnect update yesterday and am now at 19.49.13. It would appear that map and UConnect updates are separate things (which doesn't surprise me).

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My truck prior to me purchasing was update to 18.45.40. So you might be right. Go see dealer and tell them issues you’re having as that was suppose to fix issues for some. Since my upgrade my stereo is also louder and bass cleaner then before.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So... how do map updates get pushed? I see that Keezer, above, has the 18Q2 version, where my truck has 17Q4 (my truck's build was 8/19). BTW, I got the UConnect update yesterday and am now at 19.49.13. It would appear that map and UConnect updates are separate things (which doesn't surprise me).
FCA in its infinite wisdom sells the map updates. I have not seen a verified OTA map update as of yet.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Even in my Gen 4 ram the map was / is updated every 2 yrs it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread